Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Use points or cash for Waikoloa Beach Marriott?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - Silver, AA - EXP, Marriott - Platinum Premier

I'm wondering if everyone would use points or cash to pay for 5 nights at the Waikoloa Beach resort. I can use 120K points + $141.77 (resort fee is extra) or just pay $960 (resort fee included).

I am leaning towards just paying for the 5 nights because of the points I will accrue by paying with money (plus using the Marriott CC).

What does everyone else think? Also does anyone use some rough metric to determine if it is worth using points? Like for every 10K points I'd like to save at least $100.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If you can afford the $960 I'd pay for the 5 nights rather than use 120K points.

Cheers.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - Silver, AA - EXP, Marriott - Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If you can afford the $960 I'd pay for the 5 nights rather than use 120K points.

Cheers.
Yeah I was leaning toward this also. It just seems like a lot of points to save about $820.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
I try to get at least 1.2 cents per MR point in comparable value when redeeming. So the 120,000 points would be comparable to about $1,440. Also consider that you'll earn points on the fully paid rate but don't earn points on the C+P option. So there's another benefit to paying the cash rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.