Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Marriott Hotel -- Shinagawa, Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Marriott Hotel -- Shinagawa, Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Does anyone know if the Marriott Tokyo will store my 24" luggage for 1 week for free? (If not free, how much?) I'm arriving in Japan for business and will only be in Tokyo on arrival and departure (1 night each). I'm pretty flexible on where to stay...
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just booked this property for a few nights over a weekend in November - the room description is King or 2 Twin beds, but twin beds are not acceptable and I added the appropriate request notes to the reservation - any experiences on this type of bed request not being honored for a Platinum guest?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 8:02 pm

Whats the best way to get to this hotel from Haneda?

Also, anyone have an email address for the concierge?

Last edited by returnoftheyeti; Nov 12, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Old Nov 12, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
If memory serves, you can take the subway/train to Shinagawa station, and from there there is a shuttle service to the hotel. This is on the website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsite...meschedule.pdf

Or, you can walk from the station. It takes about 15 min. You could even take a taxi from Shinagawa.

If you are unfamiliar with the train/metro system or you have not been there before, they have what they call limousine (bus) from the airport directly to your hotel (makes a few stops). Last option is Taxi. Hanada is not that far for a taxi (for Tokyo), although the web site says its 10000 yen. More than I remember, but I'd go with what the web site says.

Personally, I take the Metro and then the shuttle bus. If I have to wait too long, I walk and if I can't walk (raining) I will take a taxi.

Finding the shuttle bus stop is daunting the first time. Go all the way outside, orienting yourself with the map. Then turn left at the street. Look for small signs for the #6 bus stop. That bus will stop across the street (where you get out when you come back) and then will turn around and come back on this side of the street to pick you up.

Hope this helps.

Billy
Old Nov 13, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Whats the best way to get to this hotel from Haneda?

Also, anyone have an email address for the concierge?
Very easy transfer...take the Haneda monorail, then connect to the JR line to Shinagawa, then the free shuttle bus outside the station (walk out and to the left of the station to find the bus stop).
Old Nov 13, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
...take the Haneda monorail, then connect to the JR line to Shinagawa, ...
... or take the Keikyu Railway line directly to Shinagawa, without changing at Hamamatsucho from Monorail to JR.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Delta3MM
If memory serves, you can take the subway/train to Shinagawa station, and from there there is a shuttle service to the hotel. This is on the website:

[

Finding the shuttle bus stop is daunting the first time. Go all the way outside, orienting yourself with the map. Then turn left at the street. Look for small signs for the #6 bus stop. That bus will stop across the street (where you get out when you come back) and then will turn around and come back on this side of the street to pick you up.

Hope this helps.

Billy
Billy, thanks. We just got in a couple hours ago. It is daunting for first timers, but its really not bad.

When you exit customs, go to the right to towards the Keikyu Railway. Get cash from the 7-11 ATM. Purchase a Pasmo from the ladies at the tourist info booth, or the Pasmo machine.

Enter the Keikyu Railway, look to your right, take the elevator down a level. Now you are on the #2 Shinagawa train platform. Take the train to the Shinagawa station.

So far all this was easy. Here is where we got a bit lost.

When you exit the train walk towards the front of the train. Don't go into the shiny mall area. There is one down staircase, with a small yellow sign that says exit. Go down this stiarcase. Tag out with your Pasmo card and walk outside. Turn left towards the main road. Once you are at the main road, look to your left and you will see the #6 bus stop.

The bus is a normal city bus, NOT a Marriott shuttle. You dont have to pay a fare, but if you are looking for what us Yanks traditionaly call a Marriott shuttle, this is not it. Its a city bus. City bus #6. Jump on. Next stop is the Marriott.

Simple. And fast. We cleard immigration customs and were on the train in less than 30 minutes.
BCH likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
returnoftheyeti, thanks for the details. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:59 pm

Completed two stays here in November, and it will probably become my go-to hotel in Tokyo for business stays given the unbeatable company rate we have and the cleaner, lighter, brighter rooms vs Sheraton Miyako.

The first stay included a very comfortably sized room with a king bed, working desk, sofa area, and plenty of space. Room was spotlessly clean. Bathroom was a good size with Japanese toilet, upgraded counters/floors, but the original tub.

Plat/Gold breakfast is in the lounge or the restaurant, we opted for the restaurant every day of both stays. I found the offerings somewhat basic with the essential buffet dishes one would expect, but still lags far, far behind the Sheraton Hong Kong breakfast. The omelet station is run differently - you place an order with a (sometimes surly non-Japanese) attendant, hand over a wood stick with your table number, and your omelet may or may not show up before you finish breakfast depending on how busy they are. The system may look more efficient to avoid crowding or lines, but their non-Japanese omelet cook is the slowest I've ever seen, hence the different procedure. Unfortunately they don't offer scrambled eggs separately, so if you want any egg dish at all, you need to place the order and wait for delivery. It seemed any form of customization outside of their printed order slip caused the omelet cook to go a little batty and she was never that happy to begin with. I found the Japanese staff to be very helpful and friendly, while the non-Japanese staff (generally middle eastern) were very curt, unfriendly and sometimes rude.

Evenings in the lounge were ok, mostly fried foods, nothing with any local flavor and the lounge was often too crowded, which surprised me given the countless local food options that were a 10 minute walk away.

The second visit was identical to the first, except the room was significantly smaller - no sofa/seating area, and the small desk was right against the bed, so not all king rooms are created equal here.

The walk to/from Shinagawa St without luggage is very easy and took us an average of 10 minutes each way - so unless you arrive at the bus stop within a few minutes of the bus schedule, you're better off walking.

Be aware that using the Kitashinagawa St as a closer station option during your visit will significantly increase your daily train fare if you are traveling around Tokyo on JR East as that station is operated by Keikyu Line, so you will be paying twice - once for JR, then again for Keikyu for one stop....and the walk is really not all that much faster.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Billy, thanks. We just got in a couple hours ago. It is daunting for first timers, but its really not bad.

When you exit customs, go to the right to towards the Keikyu Railway. Get cash from the 7-11 ATM. Purchase a Pasmo from the ladies at the tourist info booth, or the Pasmo machine.

Enter the Keikyu Railway, look to your right, take the elevator down a level. Now you are on the #2 Shinagawa train platform. Take the train to the Shinagawa station.

So far all this was easy. Here is where we got a bit lost.

When you exit the train walk towards the front of the train. Don't go into the shiny mall area. There is one down staircase, with a small yellow sign that says exit. Go down this stiarcase. Tag out with your Pasmo card and walk outside. Turn left towards the main road. Once you are at the main road, look to your left and you will see the #6 bus stop.

The bus is a normal city bus, NOT a Marriott shuttle. You dont have to pay a fare, but if you are looking for what us Yanks traditionaly call a Marriott shuttle, this is not it. Its a city bus. City bus #6. Jump on. Next stop is the Marriott.

Simple. And fast. We cleard immigration customs and were on the train in less than 30 minutes.
Thanks for this returnoftheyeti. I have never been to Japan and am overnight here on a layover next month.

Does anyone have any directions or tips to get from the Marriott to NRT? I assume it is the bus back to the train station and the Narita express?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59
...the bus back to the train station and the Narita express?
That is the absolute fastest (affordable) option by far.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
That is the absolute fastest (affordable) option by far.
Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I will be getting a Pasmo card and bus number 6 ^. I am stunned by the prices of Taxis in Japan - I have a lot to learn.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59
Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I will be getting a Pasmo card and bus number 6 ^. I am stunned by the prices of Taxis in Japan - I have a lot to learn.
When you arrive at NRT, use the NEX ticket desk right outside the customs exit (T1) and buy a round trip ticket for Y4000. Depending on the agent, you can buy and reserve your return train w/ seat assignment when buying the outbound ticket, but some of the lazier agents will insist on selling an open return ticket where you need to stop at Shinagawa JR ticket office to exchange it for a confirmed seat ticket (which you can do anytime rather than wait until you're rushing back to the airport).

You can buy a SUICA card from the JR window counter downstairs at the track entrance (just to the right of the entrance gates, not the tourist travel office), or the Keikyu ticket vending machines to the far left side of the gates will dispense a Pasmo card.

Upthread are the directions for finding the bus after exiting the Shinagawa Central Gate exit.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:50 am

Hello,

I am planning our family's first trip to Japan and I am finding that Japanese hotels are funny about kids staying in the rooms. I have a 7 year old who is coming with us. Does anyone know the policy of this hotel regarding kids? If I book a room with 2 beds, would that be sufficient or will they still charge me extra? I am Marriott Gold and will be booking with points? TIA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.