Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Elite benefits for an award booking made by your companion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2013, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE

Ok, I've scoured the forum for this answer, but my search skills are poor or this hasn't been asked. I'm traveling with a companion to a Marriott where the room is booked with his award miles. We're sharing a room, but I'm gold, and he has no status.

Is there any way of getting my status recognized? If so, I feel asking for an upgrade might be pushing it, but what about lounge access? I've read that you can add a second name to a reservation.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
you can currently have your name added to his reservation or just show up at the FD and show them your G status.............in both events you're entitled to get your G-benees, excluding points/stay credits, but as for lounge access, breakfast (except at resorts), upgrades, etc. you're still due them.........
as I recall, Socrates has previously responded to a same/similar question on this very topic..........

Originally Posted by astroflyer
Ok, I've scoured the forum for this answer, but my search skills are poor or this hasn't been asked. I'm traveling with a companion to a Marriott where the room is booked with his award miles. We're sharing a room, but I'm gold, and he has no status.

Is there any way of getting my status recognized? If so, I feel asking for an upgrade might be pushing it, but what about lounge access? I've read that you can add a second name to a reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.