Weekend Getaway in Palm Beach

Old Oct 27, 13, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, MR Platinum, National EC
Weekend Getaway in Palm Beach

So, I need some advice. I'm taking the GF for a quick 2-night weekend get-away in Palm Beach and I can't decide which property to book at (rewards stay).

The two I'm considering are:
  • Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa
  • Marriott's Oceana Palms

What's the best bet? I've never stayed at a Marriott Vacation Club (which Oceana Palms is) nor a Marriott Resort (which Singer Island is). What (if any) can I expect in terms of Platinum benefits?

Thanks for your advice!
Old Oct 28, 13, 7:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Free i-net at both & that's about it. Maybe an upgrade at Singer Isle; depends on time of year/how booked property is.

Cheers.
Old Oct 28, 13, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Yeah, that's about what I thought. Thanks!

If anyone has thoughts on which property is a better stay, I'd love to hear them!
Old Oct 28, 13, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
haven't stayed in either but found the Hutchinson Island Marriott (about 40miles north of PBI) good enough to return to each time I go "home" to FLA........

you might want to consider it..........

Originally Posted by tryanjordan View Post
Yeah, that's about what I thought. Thanks!

If anyone has thoughts on which property is a better stay, I'd love to hear them!
Old Oct 28, 13, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BKKLEE View Post
haven't stayed in either but found the Hutchinson Island Marriott (about 40miles north of PBI) good enough to return to each time I go "home" to FLA........

you might want to consider it..........
Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like award inventory is currently booked for my dates, but we'll be sure to check this out on our next weekend adventure!
Old Oct 29, 13, 9:52 am

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
As you note, Oceana Palms is a timeshare resort while the Singer Island resort is an upscale hotel. They are both located on the same pristine beach and are perhaps 300 yard apart. We are owners at the Oceana Palms timeshare and have dined at the Singer Island resort. If you fly into West Palm airport, both resorts are a short 15-20 minute drive.

We've not stayed at Singer Island resort, but assume that the rooms are typical Marriott standard. Higher floors should have decent views of either the beach/ocean or the inlet behind. Full service restaurant here so your BF and other meals could be taken on resort ( we have eaten here & find the food good ).

Oceana Palms is a 20 floor high rise consisting of two building. The first 6 floors are parking garage, so the lowest floor one will be on is the 7th floor. This means good views for all guests. The timeshare rooms are all 2BR units nicely appointed ( also full kitchen which is not important in your case ). The big feature of this resort are long balconies in each unit which give great views of the ocean and inlet.

In terms of food/dining, Oceana Palms has little to offer, but the resort allows you to carry a tab at the Singer Island resort which means you could walk up the beach to do a dinner etc. at the hotel and have it charged to your Oceana Palms account to collect your full MR points.

Oceana Palms could be overkill for a 2 nite get away if you want a quiet hotel-oriented get away but then again, the balcony views might at Palms might be captivating and the apartments are nicely appointed.

Both resorts are located within walking distance to the Ocean Mall which is .6 mile from Oceana Palms ( add 300 more yards for Singer Island resort ). Here you will find two beach bar eating places, Johnny Longboats ( which also does kick back BF 7 days a week ) and our favorite Two Drunken Goats which has good food and a nice atmosphere for an informal dining experience. Of course West Palm Beach and the surrounding area has all sorts of dining experiences that concierge at either resort can direct you to.

This link has photos of the Oceana Palms resort and a photo of the Singer Island resort. I don't think you can wrong at either resort as it all comes down to the character of the get away you are trying to create.

Have a great trip.

barry
Old Oct 29, 13, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Great info - thanks for posting Jerseyfinn.

Cheers.
Old Oct 29, 13, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plt, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, GE
Singer Island Marriott rooms are not typical Marriott rooms. They are all condo style suites, meaning there's a mini kitchen, 1 and 1/2 baths, a living room with a king sofa bed and a main bedroom. We stayed there for 5 days a few years ago and it was pleasant. There's 2 pools with one heated. Not many restaurants on PBI so head over to West Palm Beach for better food and later hours. The Obama's stayed there a few years ago during Spring Break.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: