Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Introducing: Mobile Check-In Exclusively at Marriott Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing: Mobile Check-In Exclusively at Marriott Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
I mobile checked in at the Courtyard Hangzhou Wulin on July 16 for a July 17 stay. I arrived at the property approximately 11:30 am and figured I wouldn't be able to check in, but asked anyways. The check in agent told me since I did the mobile check in, my room was ready.
Take that as you will, this doesn't necessarily mean had I not mobile checked in, my room wouldn't have been ready.

As long as the option is available, I will always do mobile check-in.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
App trouble?

Anyone having app trouble today? I tried to do mobile check-in and I could barely log in, then when I finally was able I got some weird error when I tried to check in. My colleague got the same thing so I was wondering if it was widespread.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:13 pm

App trouble?

Same here. Has not worked since this morning.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:17 pm

I couldn't log in at all to check in.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
This is odd. I get a "general error" when I try to access my MR account. Weird because I tried logging on to ADT (home alarm) and get the same types of errors. Mobile and online. Skynet? Judgment Day?

Or is the internet just choking because of DST?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Same here - "general error" and everything is wonky.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
Or is the internet just choking because of DST?
Likely. Amazing how this sneaks up on everyone every year. I once tried to make a same day CY reservation on the app on a 10pm night in CA when my phone was still on NY time and it would not let me being "past midnight"...
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL PM & Kryptonium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
I had that problem last week. It wouldn't recognize my reservation for online check in
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: AE Business Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt,, Priority Pass for AE & RC Chase, Global Entry, CLEAR
The new Marriott APP for check in

I just got sent my notice for my stay tomorrow with a link to a Marriott app and it made a point of saying this was an Elite check in. Has anyone done this and is it working well (getting you a good room location)? I should be getting the lounge upgrade and a higher floor. I also particularly like being away from the elevator and stairwells.

Also, I was hoping for an early check-in instead of 4 - more like 3.

Last edited by onebigworld; Sep 12, 2016 at 12:56 pm
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
The app has been around for a while. It allows you to set you arrival time, ask for late checkout, and add a note but not much more. YMMV depending on the hotel
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: AE Business Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt,, Priority Pass for AE & RC Chase, Global Entry, CLEAR
Thank you hnewman. New to me, I guess. It had Elite options offered like a mobile check in - got the impression I would not have to check in at the desk. But wondered if my chances of an early check in were better or worse if I used this app.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
I have found that early check in seems to work better as they have more notice than just showing up. It does make it easier than calling the hotel.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT/5.5MM, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Smile

Good basic APP for check in/out. Will use cc on file. You still need to pass by the check in desk - just to show ID and pick up room key - your room will already be assigned according to your room preferences. No waiting...
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
It's an easy way to let the hotel know your expected arrival time. It also lets you know your room type. Recently, the app showed my UGs at the Bangkok CY (larger room, meh), Pattaya FS Resort (garden jr suite), Kuala Lumpur Ren (Lifestyle Jr Suite), Bangkok JW (CL level room) and Bangkok FS (two room suite). Note it will not fully check you into a hotel where you need to show your passport.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:04 am

Mobile Check In

Checked in 30 hours before I got the room. Not very successful in my mind. The hotel said too many late check outs were the cause. Offered me a room in a section of the hotel that was not at the level that I reserved......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.