Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Memphis Marriott Downtown rebranded as a Sheraton

Old Aug 3, 2013, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels

Just received this email. What truly sucks is that i booked this upcoming ressie months ago, got a great rate, was planning on this being my final stay for the current MegaBonus & am not able to start looking for another Marriott stay

"Our records indicate that we are presently holding a reservation for you at the Memphis Marriott Downtown. Effective August 12, 2013, the hotel will no longer be associated with the Marriott name, but will continue normal operations as the Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel and your reservations will be honored.

Our reservation system will not show your reservation past this effective date. We encourage you to call the hotel directly at (901) 527-7300 should you need to re-confirm, change or cancel your current room accommodations. If you wish to make alternate Marriott arrangements, please call our worldwide reservations at 800-228-9290.

For our Marriott Rewards members, please be advised the hotel will gladly honor any existing reservations using your Marriott Rewards certificates; however they will need actual paper certificates at check-in. Please contact our Marriott Rewards office at 801-468-4000 to obtain a paper certificate, mentioning this letter to avoid any fees. Also, this property will be unable to award points or miles for your stay.

For guests wishing to utilize Marriott Gift Certificates, Incentive Awards, or Gift Cards, this property will be unable to accept these as a method of payment.

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you again on your business and vacation travels.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President
This is a nice hotel, but there are Marriott branded Hotels closer to downtown, albeit not FS Hotels. I have stayed here many times. You essentially have to take the trolly to get to the good parts of downtown, unless you don't mind the long walks. Also, this is where all of the cruise ship people stay, so it can be packed with them, especially on weekends. I think even if you spend a little more for the Marriott's closer to downtown, you will have a funner time. The police block off some of these streets at night (You have to go through a gated setup), so it truly is a walkable downtown.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
that's crazy! I stayed there last year and it was a nice hotel....got a nice upgrade etc. Great concierge lounge. oh well...
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bk3day
Just received this email. What truly sucks is that i booked this upcoming ressie months ago, got a great rate, was planning on this being my final stay for the current MegaBonus & am not able to start looking for another Marriott stay
It was reported in a dif thread a few weeks ago that it was leaving/rebranding, but of course you booked months ago. My guess is you got a LNF rate & aren't able to duplicate it. Since the stay is Aug 12th, can you search for any of the other Marriott props on LNF and/or publicly available codes?

Cheers.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Apologies for the duplicate post. Before posting, I did a quick search on Memphis & didn't pull up that thread.

LNF you say.... I think that rings a bell . I hope to get a chance to look anew but time is short.

Appreciate the earlier heads up on the other downtown properties & will give those another look.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.