Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page > JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity

JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 29, 17, 9:26 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Wiki Link
Airport Transfer
To book an Airport transfer or for assistance and inquiries kindly send an e mail to our concierge department at jw.delap.concierge @ marriotthotels.com”
Print Wikipost

Old May 15, 17, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat; SPG Plat; MR Plat;Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I thought this hotel was a true gem. Stayed on car 1-5 certs for two one night stays; service was tops, lounge superb, suite upgrade fabulous.
Old May 17, 17, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ccengct View Post
The ban on alcohol at the JW Aerocity was short-lived. I just had a glass of a decent Merlot in the executive lounge. The servers say that within a week, the hotel was able to get out of the ban because the property is actually 700m from the highway, not within 500m.
It depends on from where the property line was measured.
Old May 17, 17, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Southwest happy companion pass designee
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
It depends on from where the property line was measured.
I had the same thought. It is India still, after all. I'm sure local officials were "encouraged" to make certain properties end of further from the freeway. Fine by me. I recall many past instances where international hotels etc (or international passport holders) were exempted from liquor bans and wonder why it wouldn't be the case this time round.
Old Sep 9, 17, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Plat; Hilton-Gold; Hyatt & MLife-Platinum, RCI-Diamond +
JW Marriott New Delhi Aerocity mini Review from Platinum member

I'm here on business and have to travel outside of Delhi much to my dismay. So needless to say this hotel has been my Oasis. I am on the Executive 3rd floor facing the pool (I asked based on tripadvisor tips), great choice. I can also see the airport. While there is much pollution here, everyday looks hazy, so if you are here in the summer don't think you can go out without sunscreen. you still need it.

The pool isn't heated but being here in September, the pool is warm, clean and very welcoming. Staff is attentive bringing cool cloths as well as cold water bottles while sitting at the pool. There is a menu also, but I did not use that service.

The hotel is very beautiful. The staff is everywhere and very attentive. Maybe a little too much so at the restaurants and lounge. I think you might know what I mean when traveling in these nice luxury hotels, staff is hovering.

I will try and upload a copy of the Plat. benefits letter provided me. While the letter says 20% spa, from day 1 we were approached at the lounge and pool offering 30% off. My colleague and both took advantage and had great massage for the money. the spa area is absolutely gorgeous and relaxing.

The breakfast at both restaurant and lounge is extensive. Lounge food and drinks (yes alcohol) at night is also very good. I'm careful about what I do eat. Everything including salad bar looks great and the cook told me they use filtered water to clean everything. I still won't eat the salads. But I was desperate to use ice as their red wine was too warm. I lived to write this review, lol. They do keep to their hours to the minute. The lounge does get very crowded at night. Allowing 2 guests per member is a bit much, but I get there early and always get a seat. Don't trust them when they say something isn't spicy - it is. lol

The room is large, bathroom gorgeous. You can watch TV from the bathtub if that is your thing. Lovely hot shower. The water had an odd smell to it.

I'll miss this hotel as I leave for the JW Kolkata, but have been told that hotel is even nicer.
Attached Images

Old Sep 10, 17, 4:11 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, LC Unlimited (LHW), Marriott Gold, HH Gold, slh loved, LH M&M
Tks @trekker954. Nice review, nice hotel. I always trusted and preferred JW branded hotels when travelling to exotic countries. Yor are right, like an "Oasis".

Search this Thread