Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Airport Transfer
To book an Airport transfer or for assistance and inquiries kindly send an e mail to our concierge department at jw.delap.concierge @ marriotthotels.com”
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, India [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:07 am
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
Suite upgrades?

The walk to the metro is really easy, as pointed out its about 5 minutes and its a straight shot.

Wondering if others have had luck getting a decent paid upgrade at check in to a base level suite from king room? Thanks for any info on offers you might have received
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:32 am

Does anyone know if this property does indeed tax on stays booked with points? Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Hello all-

I've been reading through the forum and could use some clarity from you on the property. I'm a Hyatt guy and have stayed a few times at the HR Delhi, but given the logistics of this trip I figured an airport location made more sense. I arrive at 10:30pm internationally, leave again the next morning on a 7:00am flight, return back that night at 10:00pm, and leave again the next morning on another 7:00am flight, both domestic. So, basically a airport base camp for a couple of days and therefore the ride and cost to/from the Hyatt didn't make sense - thus the JW despite having zero status at Marriott.

I'm sending the hotel an email to ask about their car options per the suggestion a few pages back, but would prefer a more reasonable cost option. Taxi seems reasonable to me - is this the consensus?

As for the lounge, I see from the forum that it is open 24 hrs/day, but can you clarify what "open" means? Does this imply that food/drinks are available 24 hrs/day? I'm trying to decide if I pay the premium for a club level room. I'd basically be using it for odd hours meals before the to/from to the airport.

Given my flight time hassles, are there suggestions for a better located airport hotel than this? This is in the middle of a 12 day, 7 country, 15 flight segment intense Round The World business trip, so I'm not interested in a budget option at the expense of comfort/ease, but for this part of the trip hassle free transfer and yet not feeling ripped off (eg 2500 INR for what should be a 300 INR 5 min taxi ride) is the priority.

Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
The Holiday Inn has a free shuttle.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Originally Posted by nacho
The Holiday Inn has a free shuttle.
Thanks.

I just heard back from the hotel. The hotel car is now 1000 INR + 14.5% tax
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bostonpilot
Thanks.

I just heard back from the hotel. The hotel car is now 1000 INR + 14.5% tax
WELL worth that price IME.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
To/from hotel to airport don't forget uber is an option. Cost about 75 rupees (less than 2$)
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any comments about the dinner options at the hotel. I see the only Indian food available is at the buffet restaurant- I'm not keen on dinner buffets.

Theres an Oberoi in Gurgain; how far is that by taxi in the evening (timewise)?

thanks in advance!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by beachfan
Any comments about the dinner options at the hotel. I see the only Indian food available is at the buffet restaurant- I'm not keen on dinner buffets.

Theres an Oberoi in Gurgain; how far is that by taxi in the evening (timewise)?

thanks in advance!
The hotel's website shows that K3 (the Indian/Tuscany/Cantonese restaurant) has an a la carte menu with appetizer & main course pricing. There are links to the menus under the dining section of the website. So doesn't sound like it's buffet only.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel...elhi-aerocity/

Also, while not Indian food, there is an Akira Back restaurant (Korean/Japanese) at the property. AK is an award-winning chef with restaurants in the US & int'l locations.

Cheers.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:55 am

We arrived late night so YMMV, sat for hours in the restaurant ordering a la carte food and cocktails. Didn't even see a buffet, but I didn't get the sense that the menu had limited hours. Also ate in the bar in the afternoon and ordered off a menu vs buffet.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks, good to know.

last trip to India, my best meal was at the Oberon in Udaipur, so we were planning to try it at each city we stopped a that had one. But our meal in Agra at th Oberoi, while decent, wasn't all that special- seemed dumbed down spice wise. So if Gurgain is a schlep, might skip it.

any idea how long it is to The Oberoi at 8pm?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:46 am

If the Oberoi is where I recall, that's like 20-30 minutes down the freeway, like 5-6 miles maybe.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:29 am

Thanks.

When i easplanning tge trip , I thought 5-6 miles on a freeway at 8pm would be quick. After being in India for a week, I know better now!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:07 am

Turns. I hope that the evening lounge offerings were quite varied and good enough to eliminate my desire for dinner.

Last edited by beachfan; Apr 1, 2017 at 10:49 am
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:26 am

Never got to use the lounge offering (flight delayed, slow immigration, what else is new). But it is open until 2am, just self-serve drinks.

FWIW, used an award and didn't get charged anything, even though got a room upgrade.
SoroSuub1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.