Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Airport Transfer
To book an Airport transfer or for assistance and inquiries kindly send an e mail to our concierge department at jw.delap.concierge @ marriotthotels.com”
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, India [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lucycan
I was going to move to this hotel as I need to fly down to Bangalore for a day trip but then I read this:

"This hotel does not provide shuttle service."

How does a 5 start hotel AT the airport NOT provide shuttle service???? This is why:

"Mercedes-Benz S Class; fee: 2500 INR (one way)"

Shameful.
Did you take a hotel car or a taxi to get to the hotel from the airport?
I am arriving at 1:00 in the morning and want to avoid the 2,500 rupees hotel pick up if I can. It seems that taxis might only be around 300 rupees.
Did the hotel have a cheaper option!!
Old Nov 30, 2013, 5:06 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
A 1500 rupee option in a Toyota I think, that's what I booked, they comped me the Merc.

The taxi option personally is one I would avoid!
Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I would avoid the taxi as well. The 1500 INR option from the hotel (check with the concierge) is the way to go.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:44 am

thanks both for the added information..
Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:11 pm
Used to be 'lohiadk'

I would not pay 2500 or 1500 for the 10-15 min ride to the hotel.

As for the taxi service there are two types one of them is the Black and yellow taxis you get through the prepaid booth ( you pay the money upfront at the booth and get a copuon for your destination). Should cost about Rs,200 for the JW (approx US$4). These are bad cars which are non airconditioned etc.

Another option as you exit the arrivals area is the Mega Cabs (these are what you call radio cabs in India) they have an agent standing by who will put you in one of their cabs. (sort of decent cars bit small but airconditioned) and you pay based on the meter plus Rs.80 approx airport charge roughly to the JW about 300-350.

If you prefer something better still there are number of counters before exiting the terminal building offering car services such as carzonrent etc they will run you approx 700 to the JW you can also book these for the day or half a day etc.

All three options are safe, just avoid the touts or people offering services when you exit the building.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:40 pm

I think it depends on your level of comfort. After a 17 hour flight it was nice to see someone standing with the JW Marriott sign, take my bag, walk me to a waiting S class Mercedes and whisk me away to the hotel.

A carzonrent booth can be a CRAZY place anytime of day and can be quite intimidating to a newcomer. If you are going to use them for a day or two, like I have, then yes.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 9:00 pm

Location: Base: EWR/LGA/JFK. 2016: BOM, DEL, HYD, BKK, SIN, HKG, ICN, NRT, LAX, SFO, DEN, ORD, BNA, IAH, MIA, MDE, BOG, CHO, IAD, LHR, LCY, FRA, ZRH, LIN, MXP
Programs: UA 1K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Ritz Lifetime Platinum Premier, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Never take a taxi in India. Have your hotel arrange the car for everything you need. You'll pay a little more, but with the exchange rate as low as it is now, it beats the significant safety risks with non-licensed drivers.

I made the mistake of taking a taxi from the airport in Mumbai during my first trip to India. The driver hit a pedestrian, sped off, and wouldn't let me out of the car until I paid him 5000 INR ($100 at the time). I almost stopped traveling after that.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Taxis in India have changed dramatically in the past years. Nowadays, I would not hesitate to take a Meru cab at DEL/BOM/HYD/BLR.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
+1 (and I add Jaipur to this list)........

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Taxis in India have changed dramatically in the past years. Nowadays, I would not hesitate to take a Meru cab at DEL/BOM/HYD/BLR.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I arrived Delhi around 1:0o A.M. And within 25 minutes from stepping off the plane, I was at the hotel.^ the lounge is open 24 hours a day so a big plus for late night arrivals. Staff could not have been more accommodating and everyone I have met so far has been great..
I did end up taking a taxi, BUT took a radio taxi based on some local recommendations. It was the first taxi booth I encountered coming out of the terminal and within a minute I was in a taxi with a courteous driver. The fare was 350 rupees ...
Old Dec 15, 2013, 3:43 pm

FF, how did you enjoy your stay?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:02 am

Great stay

FF, how did you enjoy your stay?
Our stay at was nothing short of fantastic. We got treated like royalty. I had requested a suite upgrade so that I could entertain family and friends and none of the suites were ready, so they gave us two connecting rooms, one in the form of a living room with full bath and the other the bedroom..it was perfect for us given that we were there on holidays..
I am the JW in Pune right now and will be leaving tonight to head back to Canada. Will write a more detailed review upon return but in a nutshell, it exceeded my expectations and I am a very picky person, especially when it comes to customer service..
^^
Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:24 am

Excellent! I'm headed back in Feb and have already "alerted" the staff of my arrival.

Do you know if Akira Back was open yet?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:39 pm

Excellent! I'm headed back in Feb and have already "alerted" the staff of my arrival.

Do you know if Akira Back was open yet?
It had just opened for dinner only I believe while I was there, did not get to try it...
They had two suites open just as I was leaving and will likely have more by the time you arrive in Feb. it is a very busy hotel and most of the five days I was there, it was sold out so do drop them a reminder for any of your special needs prior to going...
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: AC Super Elite 100K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, American Express Platinum
I will at the JW in Delhi on Tuesday and then the JW in Pune on Thursday. Will post my views once I check out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.