Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Elite Night Credits with Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DM member since 1996, DM Gold, Marriott Gold

A real quick and stupid question.

I have the Marriott Premier Rewards Visa Card. One of the benefits show earn 1 elite night for every $3,000 spend. Is this only good for 1 night credit only no matter how much you spend? Or if I run $12,000 on the card would I get 4 Elite nights. I am on the cusip of renewing Gold(50 nights) and need every Elite night possible.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
repeatedly asked and repeatedly answered.................that's what the search function is for...............
that being said, 1-elite night for every $3k...........
http://www.marriott.com/rewards/earn...ard-rewards.mi

Originally Posted by Bighead1970
A real quick and stupid question.

I have the Marriott Premier Rewards Visa Card. One of the benefits show earn 1 elite night for every $3,000 spend. Is this only good for 1 night credit only no matter how much you spend? Or if I run $12,000 on the card would I get 4 Elite nights. I am on the cusip of renewing Gold(50 nights) and need every Elite night possible.

Last edited by BKKLEE; Jul 29, 2013 at 7:14 am
Old Jul 29, 2013, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DM member since 1996, DM Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks!!
Old Jul 29, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Platinum, National EC
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
...that's what the search function is for...
I generally use Google & include "Flyer Talk" in my search query. Works like a charm!
Old Jul 29, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by tryanjordan
I generally use Google & include "Flyer Talk" in my search query. Works like a charm!
Sometimes you get too many search results and it's hard to filter through to find the right answer
Old Jul 29, 2013, 5:46 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum

I just had another couple elite nights post for CC spend so here's a confirmation that you do get them every $3k
Old Jul 29, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
You will also get 15 nights credited when your annual fee is due as well. So if you signed up for the card last Oct you will get 10 Elite nights this Oct as long as card in good standing
Old Jul 29, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
You will also get 15 nights credited when your annual fee is due as well. So if you signed up for the card last Oct you will get 10 Elite nights this Oct as long as card in good standing

....I don't have the card so I am asking......

You say you get 15 nights credited when your annual fee is due, then you say you get 10 nights this Oct......why in your post do you say 15 then 10?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
repeatedly asked and repeatedly answered.................that's what the search function is for...............
that being said, 1-elite night for every $3k...........
http://www.marriott.com/rewards/earn...ard-rewards.mi
Originally Posted by tryanjordan
Yeah, but then the OP misses out on the condescending rhetoric.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
or the OP could actually Yahoo/Google or read the T&Cs in Marriott.com and (easily) find out the answer WITHOUT posting...............

Originally Posted by plagwate
Yeah, but then the OP misses out on the condescending rhetoric.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tasnam
....I don't have the card so I am asking......

You say you get 15 nights credited when your annual fee is due, then you say you get 10 nights this Oct......why in your post do you say 15 then 10?
You get 15 nights credited if you have the personal Marriott card.

I believe you only get 10 nights credited if all you have is the business Marriott card.

(You still just get 15 nights credited if you have both. It's because someone recently asked if they add up -- and they don't -- that I know about the 10 vs 15.)
Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:58 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
So easy to qualify with the cc.... I cannot get this credit card and have to stay the full amount of nights
Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:47 am

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by cln
So easy to qualify with the cc.... I cannot get this credit card and have to stay the full amount of nights
If you're concerned about nights, you may want to think about booking some events for the bonus nights (10 per event / meeting)
Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AM6449
Originally Posted by cln
If you're concerned about nights, you may want to think about booking some events for the bonus nights (10 per event / meeting)
In fact, if you want to take that to the extreme:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-required.html

The one problem with this (and to a smaller degree the credit card elite nights bump): It gets you nowhere closer to lifetime elite status currently, as currently you need zillions of lifetime points, not just enough lifetime nights, to attain lifetime elite status with Marriott.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by sdsearch
currently you need zillions of lifetime points, not just enough lifetime nights, to attain lifetime elite status with Marriott.

Marriott has watered down their LT requirements twice in the past 3 years. Ultimately resulting in the points required for Gold dropping from 2M to 1.6 M, and points required for Plat dropping from 3M to 2M. A Plat could easily earn enough points for LT Plat by staying 750 nights at hotels with an average rate of $177; that does not include points from incidentals or use of MR CC. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...te-status.html for more info.

IMO, Marriott is swelling the ranks of Gold and Plats and it is no surprise they are not providing any additional benefits. If you think lounges are crowded now, just wait a few years.

I will be disappointed, but not surprised when they reduce benefits. Fortunately for me and other Plats, I think the Golds will be the group to take the brunt of cuts when they start happening. Then Plat will become the new Gold and PP will become the new Plat. The current plan with the low LT requirements and UA Gold giveaways is just not sustainable IMO. In 10 years the program will be nothing like it is today.

FWIW, I think most of those who rely on the CC elite night credits are doing so to qualify on a annual basis, and the nights going toward LT requirements are just a plus. FWIW, I had 3 million points years before I had 1000 nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.