Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Check the other thread on the topic in this forum. That link works.

Cheers.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:43 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by OU812
Now I can see why FS Marriotts and Rens will be strictly enforcing the guest+1 policy in the CLs.
Undoubtedly, the new breakfast policy/lounge access language and United partnership have been in the works for awhile, so now the new +1 language makes sense.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:47 am

The marriott link does not work. I'm not eligible for the United link since I don't have status- but I am frthe Marriott program.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by marion10
The marriott link does not work. I'm not eligible for the United link since I don't have status- but I am frthe Marriott program.
Either I don't understand what you're saying or you've got the promo mixed up.

The offer is for United elites to get status in the Marriott program - not for non-status Marriott folk to get status. Marriott's done the deal with United in hopes that more UA elites will stay w/ Marriott.

If you have little or no status with Marriott, Marriott offers a Gold or Platinum challenge (see the other thread for details), where you have to have "X" stays in 90 days for either the Gold or Plat and you get the bennies while you're completing the challenge. That's separate from the United deal & is something Marriott offers.

Hope that clarifies. If you meant something else, please post.

Cheers.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
This is bizarre. Marriott Plats and above get complimentary Silver status with United, which is worth next to nothing. And United Golds and above get complimentary Gold status with Marriott? Doesn't seem quite balanced, does it?

Bruce
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:02 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by bdschobel
This is bizarre. Marriott Plats and above get complimentary Silver status with United, which is worth next to nothing. And United Golds and above get complimentary Gold status with Marriott? Doesn't seem quite balanced, does it?
I have to assume that either:

(a) cost of a partner buying UA Premier Silver = cost of a partner buying MR Gold

OR (and probably more likely)

(a) cost of a partner buying UA Premier Silver x total number of MR Plats and above = cost of a partner buying MR Gold x total number of UA Golds and higher
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi all,

With regards to the link, I could not get it to work on Chrome, but it worked on IE.

With regards to the offering, I do agree that a mere UA Silver for MR Platinums is nothing compared to UA 1K get MR Gold. After all, shouldn't you get lounge access in both directions?

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Quote:

Either I don't understand what you're saying or you've got the promo mixed up.
I think the poster is saying that he is a Marriott elite and not a UA elite and is trying to register thru the Marriott link. I'm in the same boat and the Marriott link doesn't work for me either. I'll try the UA link.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership Announced

Well, I'm not overwhelmed with this program. As a current Platinum Premier, I get Silver at UA which doesn't mean a whole lot. If they would move Platinum Premiers to UA Gold, then I might actually see some value from being Platinum Premier vs Platinum. Maybe Marriott should consider it.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi all,

With regards to the offering, I do agree that a mere UA Silver for MR Platinums is nothing compared to UA 1K get MR Gold. After all, shouldn't you get lounge access in both directions?

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Agreed. And UA Golds (and Plats) get Marriott Gold.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), AA P, Marriott PP (LT PP), SPG P (LT P), HH G, and Hertz PC
What bothers me about this program is there is no benefits of the partnership for people who already at least Gold on United and Platinum on Marriott. What I really liked about the Delta/Starwood programs is the cross-earning ability. For every dollar I spend on Delta, I get a Starwood point. I wish United/Marriott would add cross-earning where I would get United miles in addition to the Marriott points I earn for my stay. Once again Marriott falls short of Starwood.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by frequentjohn
What bothers me about this program is there is no benefits of the partnership for people who already at least Gold on United and Platinum on Marriott. What I really liked about the Delta/Starwood programs is the cross-earning ability. For every dollar I spend on Delta, I get a Starwood point. I wish United/Marriott would add cross-earning where I would get United miles in addition to the Marriott points I earn for my stay. Once again Marriott falls short of Starwood.
OT: I must have missed this...Since I don't stay at Starwood Hotels, I didn't sign up for the DL/*W cross promotion. Are you telling me if I do, I will be getting *W points in addition to the DL points, just for doing what I already do? Gosh, I feel as though I've robbed myself. I've likely done 50 flights since the announcement.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by frequentjohn
+1

I wish the UA/MR can have the cross-earning abilities like DL/SPG does.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
The marriott link does not work.
I wouldn't expect anything less from Marriott IT department.

Hey Marriott: Thanks for nothing. Oh wait, I meant thanks for even more over crowded lounges. And with regard to our MR Gold friends, thanks for really diluting their gene pool and absolutely nothing in return. They're the ones that really got the shaft IMO.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:23 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by bdschobel

Bruce
From a matter of effort, I've found it infinitely easier to fly the 50,000 PQM each year to make UA's Gold level requirement than to make the 50 night requirement for MR Gold. So from my limited perspective, I agree with you that it seems unbalanced.

From a matter of cost, if I applied the amount of money I spend to maintain Marriott Gold to what I would spend on UA travel, I would be above the $5,000 PQD tier that UA has established for UA Gold, starting in 2014.

The wild cards are for those with "lifetime" status, especially UA lifetime Gold and above.

I would have probably expected United Plats and 1K to get mapped to Marriott Gold and UA Golds and Silvers mapped to Marriott Silver.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 15, 2013 at 8:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.