Search

Renaissance Izmir Hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 4:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Renaissance Izmir Hotel

Once again another Marriott hotel that offers room availability on their site (and no one "forced" them to load inventory and announce their opening) will not honor their reservations............

"On the onset, I would like to thank you for your interest in Renaissance
Izmir Hotel.
I sincerely regret to inform you that due to an unexpected
delay with the construction we will not be able to accommodate your
reservations with XXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXXX confirmation numbers.
Please kindly let us know if you would like us to assist you to
book another hotel in the region for the same period or postpone
your existing reservation to later date starting from earliest October 2013."

Only postive note on point is at least they gave me a decent "heads up" notice verses other props that offer inventory only to let you know, if at all, a few days before arrival that they won't honor your reservation.........
In dealing with this type of issue I guess its always a good idea to make alternative reservations at another brand, just in case this pattern of non-openings continues..........
Old May 30, 2013, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It is a bit silly/poor customer service that the inventory loading can't be adjusted when they know properties availability is going to be delayed.

But at least this time they gave you a heads up, unlike other instances. And think your back-up plan is a good idea.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.