Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Memorial Day Weekend stay with kids - Residence Inn or Springhill?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2013, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum

Booking a stay with a toddler and infant, over the memorial day weekend, and trying to decide between Springhill Suite and Residence Inn.

Both in the San Anotnio, Texas area.

I've always stayed at the Residence Inn with the kids, so appreciate the breakfast and kitchen.

With Springhill suite, not sure what to expect. they do say kitchenette and breakfast, but not sure what kind of breakfast - just basic with like cereal bars, fruit and juice, or it's the same as Residence Inn - which I qualify as extensive, where I can find something that picky kids might eat

Thanks in advance for the inputs!
Old May 18, 2013, 2:25 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Assuming that you reserve at least a 1 BR with RI, there is no comparison....RI wins.

Breakfast aside, SHS is 1 room, and the kitchenette is a sink, micro, and tiny refrig. The one room is smaller than the Studio at RI too, ESP if you need 2 beds.

Breakfast is probably comparable, with a slight edge also to RI.

If you are considering the RI at the Alamo/River Walk, it is excellent. The newer apartment style high rise with elevators, easy for a young family with syrollers, etc. We stayed in a 2BR and had plenty of space and privacy.

Great city - have a fun weekend!
Old May 18, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: MR LTP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I agree RI always seems a little bigger and more "homey". Springhill suites seem kind of sterile.
Old May 18, 2013, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
Thanks folks...made my decision easy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.