Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VIP service at Marriott?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Frequent guests.I get this and above treatment from a hotel where I stay very frequently.My room/drink/food preferences are known and met,I'm (almost) always assigned the same hotel car and driver and so on.And I'm not even enrolled in this hotel frequent guest program.Simply stay and spend ;-)

Every serious hotel have their top guests names/photos and a file on them.
How do you think all the staff know my name at that hotel even if they never met me before?They are shown the top guests file in the morning meeting at the day those guests are supposed to arrive and briefed on how to deal with those :-)

Regards,

El Puerco Volante.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:30 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by VA1379
They're probably a top 50 guest at the hotel by number of nights in a year, maybe even top 5 or 10 on that list.
From personal experience working in the industry, I can tell you this is a real thing at many properties.

At one place, our desk staff were fiercely competitive about who could recognize local top guests best. (Top 10, as I recall)

There were 4 gigantic specialty suites. You can bet the Top 10 got those, preblocked in advance.
Usually an extra food/drink amenity on check-in. Sometimes 2.
Cut the check-in lines (recognizing them by sight, of course)
etc.

In my travels, I've been a "top" guest at two properties who offered me any room at all I wanted. Suites, views, whatever. And plenty of examples of bending/breaking policies to make my life easier. It's a nice thing if you can manage the loyalty.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:33 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
The Pune Marriott treats the husband this way. He always gets the same suite.
There wasn't a Marriott in Pune when I was going there. (Had to stay at the Starwood LM there instead.)

When I was traveling to China quite a bit, they treated me that same way. In fact, they would keep asking me what I liked for food (for the lounge offerings) and they would go out and get it for me. (This was the Wuhan Ren.)
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hhoope01
There wasn't a Marriott in Pune when I was going there. (Had to stay at the Starwood LM there instead.)
If you go back I hear it is very nice. It helps he was one of the first Platinum guests to stay there, ever. It so happened he was there opening week. It also helps to be an executive at a local company that throws a lot of business their way. He has never been treated like that at any other domestic or foreign Marriott.

Still no desire to go on my part. :-)
Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
I know that Cologne Marriott has this service. I was offered it once and I denied it because it's the very last thing I ever wanted.
What exactly did they offer you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.