Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2013 Marriott Rewards Hotel Category Changes List

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Marriott Rewards Hotel Category Changes List

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2013, 10:49 pm

??

I can't remember if the rates changed on the 7 day + airline points packages?...I know my cat 5 was moving to cat 6 so we ordered a 7 day res with 120k airline miles...even though we didn't have the points at the time the lady said no problem, the old rates would be honored and that they don't take the points until right before the stay....I imagine that's when they give you the airmiles as well....so did the amounts stay the same on the package awards? does a cat 5 package cost the same (270k) as it did pre-devaluation?
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by hm212
New York is just getting insane for pricing. I am having trouble finding rooms for under $350 - 400 a night.
Indeed! I remember getting the Hilton WA for $95/nt via priceline in 2003. According to the inflation calculator, that would be $117 in 2012 dollars, but in fact BFT shows priceline rates of $120-180 for weekend nights and close to $400 for weekdays. And those are priceline rates where you can't choose your hotel!

Now I think I understand why all the hotel chains have created new top tiers for NYC hotels.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
increased rates couldn't have anything to do with supply and demand as the economy strenghtens and folks are traveling more either/both for business/pleasure, now could it ??????

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Indeed! I remember getting the Hilton WA for $95/nt via priceline in 2003. According to the inflation calculator, that would be $117 in 2012 dollars, but in fact BFT shows priceline rates of $120-180 for weekend nights and close to $400 for weekdays. And those are priceline rates where you can't choose your hotel!
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
So the CY Paso Robles opened in 2008 as a Cat 3 and in 2013 is now a Cat 6. Twice as many points to get a room. wow...
This just computed with me, OMG.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wise2u
does a cat 5 package cost the same (270k) as it did pre-devaluation?
I don't understand your question. The points required for each category don't change, individual hotels change categories.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I don't understand your question. The points required for each category don't change, individual hotels change categories.
I wasn't sure if the point amounts changed for the air+hotel awards or if just the change in category was my original reason to book before the deadline.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by wise2u
I wasn't sure if the point amounts changed for the air+hotel awards or if just the change in category was my original reason to book before the deadline.
It was definitely the change in category. I myself booked 7 nights in a Cat 5 hotel which changed to a Cat 6 later.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Grrr. They jack this up every time. Why does it have to be so hard. I have 2 rooms reserved for next week at the Ren. Barcelona at Category 5 rates. Points were pulled and certs attached in April. This morning I wake up to see those certs returned and new certs issued at Cat 7 rates. Called in and they say they are fixing it, but until I see evidence in the account of that I'm never sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.