Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most Expensive Nightly Rate??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK the Plaza in NYC isn't a Marriott, nor is Palms in Las Vegas, nor Atlantis....or did I miss some reflagging announcements?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I thought we were talking about Marriott prices. Otherwise there are some iconic hotels in expensive European cities with special suites or places where you rent the entire island.
Perhaps. Even when I re-read it though, wasn't exactly clear from OP.

I officially rescind my application if that was the intended goal.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:10 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I was making a booking at the weekend and forgot to tick the "Use Points" box when reserving at the Arts in Barcelona and it quoted me "from 3000 EUR".
Old Jan 14, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: UA Silver, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Five Star
One would think that special event rates at regular MI properties would be the thing. For example nightly rates in New Orleans for Super Bowl weekend range from ~$2700 at the FS Marriott, $650 at a FI in Kenner, and $350 at the CY in Houma, which is 45+ miles away!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Resurrecting this thread with two U.S. properties.

This one's from last year for the Residence Inn Louisville starting at $2000/night (AAA rate):

Not quite as expensive, but for a Category 2 property, the SHS Lancaster Palmdale (northern Los Angeles County) is pricing in this weekend starting at $569/night (or up to $604/night if you want an extra 1,000 points):

That being said, you could still book a room for only 10K points:

David
Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
I've seen high prices like that at sold-out properties but due to the Platinum Guarantee they have to show me something bookable. I'll bet (esp. since @DELee is MR Plat) that's what's happening in Palmdale. (What I don't get is that should also eliminate points availability, but I guess not?)
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:16 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card

This was when I was looking for hotels for the eclipse, ended up booking the Marriott west end nashville for like 25k points about a week before the event.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I've seen high prices like that at sold-out properties but due to the Platinum Guarantee they have to show me something bookable. I'll bet (esp. since @DELee is MR Plat) that's what's happening in Palmdale. (What I don't get is that should also eliminate points availability, but I guess not?)
Well, I just did two searches without being logged in - one on IE and the other on Firefox. Both come back with the SHS Palmdale/Lancaster at the $569 rack rate and the 10K point/night offers - and, sadly, then also got roomkey popunders which offered up lesser priced non-Marriott places...on _both_ IE and Firefox. Great way to drive bookings to other companies....

Yech.

David
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Huh. Maybe it's just high demand? That's over President's Day weekend, maybe there's an airshow going on at Edwards?

(Here in the SFBA, I'm used to out-of-proportion rates for FI/CY/SHS; there's a FI in Millbrae that's convenient enough to BART and CalTrain (so servicing both SF/Silicon Valley) that if there's a big convention in either city you'll regularly see $300/nt rates- and they apparently get it)
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
dupe.

Last edited by CPRich; Feb 13, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
RC Bachelor Gulch - New Year's Eve

"prepay in full, non-refundable " we will charge your credit card a prepayment of 17368.95 USD when you make your reservation.

Daily resort fee will be added to room rate. Fee is USD 55 On-site parking, fee: 60 USD daily

Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious...but what's worth spending 2 grand a night in Louisville...?

[QUOTE=DELee;29412734]Resurrecting this thread with two U.S. properties.

This one's from last year for the Residence Inn Louisville starting at $2000/night (AAA rate):
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by obunewbie17
I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious...but what's worth spending 2 grand a night in Louisville...?
Well, I honestly couldn't figure it out either. I went to Louisville for a meeting and stayed at The Seelbach Hilton for 1/15th the price of the RI.

The RI's info shows it built in 2005 and rooms renovated in 2012 - so it wasn't the hotel trying to keep people away while they remodeled.

David
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Checking Montreal hotels for the 6th of March using the Marriott app on Monday and found the Ritz Carlton “from C$9,000 a night”!
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by DELee
Well, I honestly couldn't figure it out either. I went to Louisville for a meeting and stayed at The Seelbach Hilton for 1/15th the price of the RI.

The RI's info shows it built in 2005 and rooms renovated in 2012 - so it wasn't the hotel trying to keep people away while they remodeled.

David
I'm willing to bet that is the weekend of the Kentucky Derby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.