Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2013 Member Refer a Member Sign-Up Bonus

Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:26 am
Original Poster

What timezone does Marriott use? It it 2013 now?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

This thread is currently intended for folks who NEED referrals to be able to drop by and make a request.

*** This is NOT a thread for members to offer/bribe/make business cases for giving referrals. ***

Again, the core mission of FlyerTalk and the Marriott forum is to benefit the greater community, not just individual member interests. By offering keeping referral requests in a consolidated thread, this allows members who are offering referrals to just subscribe to one thread and also members who are needing referrals to get one fairly quickly. Everybody wins!

People who want a referral should post here. People with referrals to offer should PM the requester. There is no need to post here that a PM has been sent. The recipient will certainly see it, and nobody else needs to know. Obviously, some people will receive multiple offers, but they can sort through them and decide which one to accept.

Hope this helps clarify the purpose and "standard operating procedures" of this thread.

Bruce

Last edited by bdschobel; Apr 12, 2013 at 9:41 am Reason: Added more notes
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:20 pm

I'm in need of a quick referral, anyone available for it?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Totakeke
I'm in need of a quick referral, anyone available for it?
PM sent
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Hi All,

Would welcome the opportunity and to assist with any LnF claims you may want to try with a list of approved websites.

Happy New Year
Old Jan 3, 2013, 1:18 am

THX I got an invitation.

Hi,
as a long time reader of flyertalk i´m now on the road myself traveling every week from now on and i will have ~ 4 stays (8 nights) a month with marriott.

To maximize my value i would need a referal/invitation for this promotion.

Thanky you
markus

Last edited by mwst; Jan 3, 2013 at 2:43 am
Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by mwst
THX I got an invitation.

Hi,
as a long time reader of flyertalk i´m now on the road myself traveling every week from now on and i will have ~ 4 stays (8 nights) a month with marriott.

To maximize my value i would need a referal/invitation for this promotion.

Thanky you
markus
PM Sent
Old Jan 3, 2013, 4:51 am

Programs: Marriot, SPG, United, Jet, Delta, Air India

A new year and a new thread for the Member Refer A Member Sign Up Bonus Program.

Link to details re: the program & who gets what/T&C:

http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rew...er-a-friend.mi

Direct link to referral page:

http://joinmarriottrewards.com/Friend/US/

Should give you all the info you need. But if anyone has questions re: the program, etc, please feel free to post in this thread. The bottom line is you can refer 5 people per year; you get 2,000 points per stay up to 5 stays per person, as do they (and once they join, they can then refer 5 people).

If you're asking for a referral it would help if you really do plan to stay at a Marriott in the next year. Like others I've been asked to refer folk, but the bonus points don't really add up so in some cases I've referred folk who ended up not staying at Marriotts, which was a waste of a referral for both sides.

The bennies to me (and other folk who refer) is that we get bonus points when the person we refer stays at Marriotts & of course the bennie to those being referred is that they get bonus points as well. Win-win.

Also, as others have mentioned in the old thread, it does speed up the process if, when you PM folk asking for a referral, that your provide a valid email at the time. That's what we provide to Marriott to get the invite sent to you & just eliminates us having to PM back, hey can you send me your email.

Also please note that it takes a few hours after the referral for the invite to actually hit your email in box (and check your spam box).

Another thing - it's not required, but is certainly helpful - please PM your referrer when you've accepted the invite so that they know the process worked.

And then stay at Marriotts, hopefully have good experiences, and enjoy the bonus points for staying at them. Also, as someone has mentioned in the past, once you're a member you can refer other folk. Another win-win.

Since it's a new year, I can refer 5 people as can other FTers. Obviously it's not required, but it would help if those doing the referrals do them for themselves first (vs themselves and the relatives and the biz colleagues) to give their fellow FTers a chance to do referrals.

Cheers.

P.S: SkiAdcock, I hope you don't mind me stealing all the goody details from the last year post
Old Jan 3, 2013, 4:57 am

My situation: I've never stayed at a Marriott but will be switching from Hilton to them this year. I'll definitely have more than 5 stays. I have a dormant account from years ago with 500 points. If I open a new account with a different email/different mailing address, it would qualify for this promo? If so, I'll use the first link sent. Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Please PM me if you want a referral. Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:17 am

Second in line. Please PM me if you want a referral. Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:19 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
PM sent.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I will join the queue after docr775. Please PM me if you want a referral. Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:28 am

I'll take my place in line. Please PM me for a referral.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:11 am
Used to be HSDebateCoach

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat, MR Plat Premier, Hertz Presidents Circle
Next in line to offer up referrals!
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Add My name to the list re Referrals

Just adding my name to the ever-expanding queue

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.