Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Rewarding Events is 45 Days, Not 10 to Post?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K/2MM; LT United Club; HH Diamond; MR LT Titanium; IHG Plat; National EE

I have booked two Rewarding Events in the past 30 days and the first one I had to call corporate to manually post after waiting two weeks. I mentioned it to the sales manager who booked the meeting, and this is what he said, verbatim:

"As for the meeting elite nights credits and points, it takes up to 45 days in order for them to be processed. It is a different way to process than which the overnight rooms are done. I apologize that it does take that long (and trust me, I wish it didn't!), but other than sending an email to rush it, there is not much that I, or [name removed], can do. I can assure you that you will receive the elite night credits for every contract you sign."

So, is it 10 days or 45? It will make a difference in how I manage my bookings...

Experiences? Comments? Way to fast track to supposed "standard?"

Thanks in advance,

W
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wendyhamburger
I have booked two Rewarding Events in the past 30 days and the first one I had to call corporate to manually post after waiting two weeks. I mentioned it to the sales manager who booked the meeting, and this is what he said, verbatim:

"As for the meeting elite nights credits and points, it takes up to 45 days in order for them to be processed. It is a different way to process than which the overnight rooms are done. I apologize that it does take that long (and trust me, I wish it didn't!), but other than sending an email to rush it, there is not much that I, or [name removed], can do. I can assure you that you will receive the elite night credits for every contract you sign."

So, is it 10 days or 45? It will make a difference in how I manage my bookings...

Thanks in advance,

W
My experience has been 15 to 30 days. I usually have a few events post at the same time for 3 different dates (at the same property).
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:25 am

Mine typically post in 2 days. So frustrating how there seems to be so much variation in the posting of reward points with Marriott.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K/2MM; LT United Club; HH Diamond; MR LT Titanium; IHG Plat; National EE
I didn't have room nights along with the meeting the past 2 times. I have one coming up in January that has room nights as well. Maybe this makes the difference?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:55 am

mine were meeting only postings.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
mine were meeting only postings.
Likewise. Meeting room only without room block.
Always have the meetings at the same property so I don't really worry about it that much because they end up posting eventually. Still waiting on 4 meetings to post for December but I'm way over the 75 nights required for platinum through room nights stays and previous meetings.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA exp(6mm), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
mine typically post in 2 days, meeting rooms only
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Points will be awarded 7-10 business days after your event.........
http://www.marriott.com/Multimedia/P...Events_FAQ.pdf

Thanks in advance,

W
Old Jan 1, 2013, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Points will be awarded 7-10 business days after your event.........
http://www.marriott.com/Multimedia/P...Events_FAQ.pdf
That's de jure. De facto seems a bit different at least for me in 2012... thanks for the link though!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 2:22 pm
Suspended

the link gives you the way/right to file a complaint for non-compliance.............

That's de jure. De facto seems a bit different at least for me in 2012... thanks for the link though!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
I've had them post the next day a couple of times - it's all dependent on when the events manager logs the event into their system. Points/Nights post immediately after that happens.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by TommyC80
I've had them post the next day a couple of times - it's all dependent on when the events manager logs the event into their system. Points/Nights post immediately after that happens.
+1 ! absolutely agree.

The delay is not MR, it's the hotel. So, when they tell you it's MR, just ask for that in writing via an email along with the date they reported/logged the event in the system.^
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:46 pm

I do think meeting rooms only post much quicker than a meeting event.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Elite night credit for meeting

Can someone point me to the details that outline 10 elite nights for each meeting booked. I can't find this info. on the Marriott website and the GM of the hotel I am trying to book the meeting at says that I must have at least 10 nights booked as well.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:04 pm
Suspended

https://www.marriott.com/meeting-eve...ng-planning.mi

GM where you are is WRONG............(and I think you're talking about 10-rooms, not 10-nights, but that is still WRONG)

Originally Posted by Safti
Can someone point me to the details that outline 10 elite nights for each meeting booked. I can't find this info. on the Marriott website and the GM of the hotel I am trying to book the meeting at says that I must have at least 10 nights booked as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.