Spring 2013 MegaBonus Returns

Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Earn 35,000 points after 20 paid nights + 15,000 points after 25 paid nights—up to 50,000 bonus points...

Hmm.. Bad dates for me though..
Same. 50K megabonus was an easy score couple of months ago but these dates might be tough...
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
So this most recent mgabonus, I called this past August and they switched it to the 2 cat 1-5 certificates...i was originally signed up for the 40k pt bonus after 20 stays.

They said it wouldnt change on my online profile, but they would track it on their end.

I called back November to check on the status, and they said the agent, back in August, told me incorrect information. Their rewards department cannot add 1-5 certificates onto my account...they can however add pts of course. This is what I was told over the phone....

So therefore he went to speak to a supervisor, and instead agreed to give me 50k points after my 4th stay...this was his nice gesture for the mistake the agent made in August (which is equivalent to 2 cat 1-5 certificates)

I just received the 50k points...not too bad Some may doubt what I am saying, so if you want further proof, then PM me and ill send you a screenshot of the "goodwill adjustment" on my account

Last edited by alrvd83; Dec 20, 2012 at 12:22 pm
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold, WN CP, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by alrvd83
So this most recent mgabonus, I called this past August and they switched it to the 2 cat 1-5 certificates...i was originally signed up for the 40k pt bonus after 20 stays.

They said it wouldnt change on my online profile, but they would track it on their end.

I called back November to check on the status, and they said the agent, back in August, told me incorrect information. Their rewards department cannot add 1-5 certificates onto my account...they can however add pts of course. This is what I was told over the phone....

So therefore he went to speak to a supervisor, and instead agreed to give me 50k points after my 4th stay...this was his nice gesture for the mistake the agent made in August (which is equivalent to 2 cat 1-5 certificates)

I just received the 50k points...not too bad Some may doubt what I am saying, so if you want further proof, then PM me and ill send you a screenshot of the "goodwill adjustment" on my account
This is interesting. For the last megabonus I called to get mind switched from points because we were having a baby and as a result my usual travel was going to be cut short. Similar to you situation, I was told that it wouldn't show up on the account. I tried to ask for the two nights up to category 5, but they only offered the three nights up to a category four. I have received two of the nights already. I called them to see if I was one or two nights stays away from the third and final free night and I was told I was only one away. Lucky for me I have one more stay. They said if the third free night does not post to just call back after the stay.

Btw, I couldn't get a reason from the customer service agent as to why I couldn't get the 2 nights up to Cat 5, but that I was eligible for 3 nights at Cat 4. He just told me it wasn't a switchable option.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:49 pm
alc

I got the Stay 2 at 1 x CAT 1-4 Cert (max 3) as well. So, 6 stays for this period.

Here are all the T&C that I found for others that want to try to switch:

Stay 2 Get 1 CAT 1-4 Cert (Max 3)

Stay 15 Get 25K or Stay 20 Get 40K

Stay 20 Get 35K or Stay 25 Get 50K

And the reason why someone need to login to the UK site for the CAT 1-5 Cert is because there is no T&C under the US link. Here is the T&C for this one from the UK link:

Stay 2 Get 1 CAT 1-5 Cert (Max 2)

I didn't play with all the language, only US and UK.

Regards.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:16 pm
EEH

Programs: MR Plat, SPG, HH, AS, AA
Megabonus 2012

Register online or call 888-MARRIOTT (627-7468) by March 15, 2013

Stay between February 1 and April 30, 2013
Earn 25,000 points after 15 nights + 15,000 points after 20 paid nights—up to 40,000 bonus points

Not sure I will make the full 20 nts on this one
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TurboT
This is interesting. For the last megabonus I called to get mind switched from points because we were having a baby and as a result my usual travel was going to be cut short. Similar to you situation, I was told that it wouldn't show up on the account. I tried to ask for the two nights up to category 5, but they only offered the three nights up to a category four. I have received two of the nights already. I called them to see if I was one or two nights stays away from the third and final free night and I was told I was only one away. Lucky for me I have one more stay. They said if the third free night does not post to just call back after the stay.

Btw, I couldn't get a reason from the customer service agent as to why I couldn't get the 2 nights up to Cat 5, but that I was eligible for 3 nights at Cat 4. He just told me it wasn't a switchable option.
hmmm...For my original promotion, I registered for it online...after I read on here about other options, I then called a few days later to have it changed. I did this back in August way before the promotion started on September 15th...maybe that's why it helped?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by EEH
Register online or call 888-MARRIOTT (627-7468) by March 15, 2013

Stay between February 1 and April 30, 2013
Earn 25,000 points after 15 nights + 15,000 points after 20 paid nights—up to 40,000 bonus points

Not sure I will make the full 20 nts on this one
I got that promotion as well...I KNOW I wont make the 20 nights!

I will not register for this online, and instead will call and try to have it changed once the current megabonus ends...so after January 15th.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:44 pm

hello, can someone help me.

i am registered but i can not see details or t&c - anyone has an idea what happened? is it because i did not receive a invitation mail?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
Originally Posted by roland_wa
hello, can someone help me.

i am registered but i can not see details or t&c - anyone has an idea what happened? is it because i did not receive a invitation mail?
Try logging in at Marriott.co.uk. There seems to be some kind of issue for certain people getting the detail to show for the megabonus. I have had this problem for the past 3 bonuses, but in two cases the details would show up on one of the European sites.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone report back if they were able to switch from the points promo to the Cat 1-4 or 1-5 promo instead? The latter seems far more generous so it seems like they would be less inclined to do that.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by yul lite
Try logging in at Marriott.co.uk. There seems to be some kind of issue for certain people getting the detail to show for the megabonus. I have had this problem for the past 3 bonuses, but in two cases the details would show up on one of the European sites.
Thank You!!! Worked on the UK site

Happy with my offer too

Stay twice at any participating hotel between 1 February and 30 April 2013
Earn 1 free night after every second paid stay, up to 2 free nights
Enjoy your free nights at more than 3,000 category 1 – 5 hotels
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Twickenham

Once more got the 2 Cat. 5 certs - but AGAIN have to log into Marriott.co.uk to see the details. Can Marriott IT not fix this problem???
So, it looks like some non-USA members got the Cat 5 promotion -- good for you!! ^
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Hey, I have an idea- why doeesn't everyone who hasn't got an offer yet do one or more of the following:

1) post here about it
2) panic and assume you aren't getting one
a)speculate on reasons why you aren't getting one
b)get really pissed about it
3) Call Marriott and complain that an offer that begins in 2 months isn't in your profile yet
^:-:@:-)
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
3 Cat 4 certificates for me

My offer has come in as 3 Catergory 1-4 Certificates which is what I got the time before that and the time before that (i switched). Now I need to decide if I want more somewhat boring category 1-4 certificates or to call and ask them to switch me to points

Probably first will go with the Hilton or Choice Hotels promo until February and then switch into marriott which would make the borin 1-4 certficate the easiest to get so I could then switch back to the Hilton or Choice promo but I sure wish Marriott would consider offering us 1 less certificate than is applicable at a higher tier hotel say tier 5.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:03 pm

Just called and the CSR told me that this time around, they have gotten more strict on the promotions...she said that they are not switching members to a different promotion.

The one you got picked for will be the only promotion you can participate in...

Has anyone else tried? lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.