Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any way I can cancel half my reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX

A bit of a frustrating situation. I have a stay at the RI Colchester, VT booked for Dec. 24-28, $159 regular rate. Just checked, and the AAA rate for the first 2 nights of my stay has gone down to $141 - but the rate for the last 2 nights is higher, $170 AAA or $179 regular. However, if I attempt to change my current reservation, it wants me to select a new rate, thus I would lose the lower rate I currently have. Any way around this?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What did the property say when you called directly to ask?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Make a res now for the first 2 days at the lower rate. Then call the hotel and ask them to change your arrival date for the original res. If they will change the arrival date, great. If not, cancel the res you just made.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by Often1
What did the property say when you called directly to ask?
Well, as telephoning any CS dept. is right up there with root canal as far as things I detest doing, I was hoping for some sooper-clever online way of doing it, but alas, I will probably have to resign myself to speaking to another human being...
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Customer service department? I asked about calling the property directly. I doubt that there's such as thing as a CS department at a tiny property in a tiny town.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriott
As always, for best experience call during a time of day when the front desk personnel *should* be least busy. (After 3:00 pm is always bad as there is often people trying to check in.)
Old Nov 14, 2012, 4:17 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I've had more success in getting my check-out date changed (either shortening or extending a stay) than I have had with getting the check-in date changed. I think I was once told that the tail-end of a reservation can be changed without creating a new reservation, but changing the check-in date required a new reservation.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I've stay at this property a couple of times and always found the front desk staff really helpful and friendly. Give them a call and it may well work out.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Twickenham
A bit of a frustrating situation. I have a stay at the RI Colchester, VT booked for Dec. 24-28, $159 regular rate. Just checked, and the AAA rate for the first 2 nights of my stay has gone down to $141 - but the rate for the last 2 nights is higher, $170 AAA or $179 regular. However, if I attempt to change my current reservation, it wants me to select a new rate, thus I would lose the lower rate I currently have. Any way around this?
Whenever I have had to do this, I just call Marriott Reservations, and the change is made quickly while while preserving the lower rate.

From my experiences, calling a limited service facility such as an RI can be frustrating, as the person answering the call is usually multi-tasking, and can't focus on my call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.