74 or 75 nights (Gold/Platinum Q)

Old Nov 7, 12, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Be advised, if you rollover the extra 24 and got 74 next year, none would rollover (assuming they offer it again)...since 24 of them are already rollover and can't rollover twice.
Old Nov 8, 12, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
Once again, thanks for the responses.

This is my first year as a Consultant (career change), so have been heavily reading up on these forums.

Staying in crappy city centre Marriotts for work (mostly UK based), but always get the upgrade.

Have stayed in some nice Marriotts abroad though (just for holidays), and am now factoring this in for leisure holidays, hopefully upgrades in exotic locations would be a nice perk... All this is new to me!
Old Nov 8, 12, 12:15 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Depends...

Sometimes if you are short 1 or 2 nights MR may bestow platinum status on you. I have been renewed Plat status when I was 7 nights short a few years ago. But I have heard of others being 2 - 3 nights short a not getting Plat status. So it is not definite.

If you do make platinum for 2013, and don't stay enough nights for Platinum next year, they will usually drop you to gold (a soft landing) for 2014.

Regards,

RIP...
I can see this happening if you were Plat for something like 5 yrs straight then you was short by a few nights. It probably also factors in actual useage that year...not roll over from prior years or credit card credit. It also could have something to do with contacting customer service and talking to the right person.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: