Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Platinum Elite - book vacation club for points?

Old Nov 5, 12, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

I am a Marriott Platinum Elite, and heard that you can book Vacation Club properties for points if you call the Platinum line. Can anybody confirm this?
Old Nov 5, 12, 1:46 pm
LKO

Programs: Marriott platinum
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977 View Post
I am a Marriott Platinum Elite, and heard that you can book Vacation Club properties for points if you call the Platinum line. Can anybody confirm this?
You don't have to be platinum or call the platinum line. Anyone can book the vacation club properties using points, subject to availability. They can be tough to find available because many owners use their weeks or rent them to others. Marriott has limited inventory at some properties during popular times.
Old Nov 5, 12, 5:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
The basic points rate for MVCI properties is for the "guest room" portion. The one bedroom villas and larger are more points.
Old Nov 5, 12, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking to get a 3-bedroom villa in Lake Tahoe in Decmember/January, at 45k per night. But Only see Monday - Friday availability, nothing over the weekends. Do you think I can use my Platinum status to call them and ask for a weekend?
Old Nov 5, 12, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will be amazed if they give a rat's a** about your platinum status at a MVC in their high season.
Old Nov 5, 12, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977 View Post
I'm looking to get a 3-bedroom villa in Lake Tahoe in Decmember/January, at 45k per night. But Only see Monday - Friday availability, nothing over the weekends. Do you think I can use my Platinum status to call them and ask for a weekend?
With the new points system for MVC, it's extremely likely that weekends (which require WAY more points than weekdays) are highly subscribed over the holiday season, combined with the potential for skiers if weather conditions are favorable. [Old system was almost always use of units for one entire week]

So availability just over weekdays seems logical--and I doubt the Platinum desk will be able to assist.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: