Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
LINK TO CHART

Legacy to New Travel Package Conversion (effective August 2019)
A Marriott supervisor can currently convert your legacy travel package into the new category mapping. If you hold a Category 6, 8, or Tier 1-3 legacy certificate, it's ideal to downgrade your certificate before converting so that points don't potentially get lost in the process.

The codes for the new partial packages are:
New Cat 1-4: QP83
New Cat 5: QP91
New Cat 6: QP99
New Cat 7:

Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
Members who purchased a Category 6, Category 8 or Tier 1-3 certificate prior to 8/18 are able to request a one-time exchange for a Travel Package one category lower. This process will cancel your current Travel Package, reissue a Travel Package one category lower and result in a refund of 30,000 points to your account. To submit a request, follow these steps:
  • Select “Packages - Deals” from the “Topic” drop down menu
  • Submit your request
As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.
Source: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...es-update.html

The legacy certificates map to the new certificates as such:
Cat 1-5 => Cat 1-4
Cat 6 => Cat 1-4
Cat 7 => Cat 5
Cat 8 => Cat 5
Cat 9 => Cat 6
Tier 1-3 => Cat 6
Tier 4-5 => Cat 7
==================================================

If you are unsure where you will use your 7 night stay, when you request the package, just ask for a category 1-5 hotel. That way you are out of the least number of points. If later, you decide to book for a higher level category, then you can do so and pay the difference the travel package points. If you can't use your certificate within the year, then as close to the one year anniversary (without going over!) call to extend the certificate for one more year. That's as long as they will typically allow, one extension. There is an option to expedite the mileage delivery to within three business days (sometimes faster) for $15. There are reports that this fee may be waived for platinum members.

Effective April 1 2017 re: Southwest & the companion pass:

"Purchased points, points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions and Diners Club, points earned from Rapid Rewards program enrollment, tier bonuses, flight bonuses, and partner bonuses (excluding points bonuses earned on the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not count toward Companion Pass."
Can I book SPG properties with my Marriott Travel Package? As of 9/1/2018 apparently not. see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30155836-post6529.html
Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by fumo
As of now biz class redemption rates are already quite high!
Biz class is only more expensive if you fly LH, LX, other partners. UA metal still has good rates.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:52 am
Suspended

perhaps going to Europe, but before UA completely withdrew from flights into/out of Bangkok, UA rates for C/J to CONUS were literally double that of their partners.

Originally Posted by jjmoore
Biz class is only more expensive if you fly LH, LX, other partners. UA metal still has good rates.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:47 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I dunno... I see standard biz from US->EU at 150,000 miles, but partner awards are 70,000. Last I checked, 150,000 > 70,000.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by NDN
I dunno... I see standard biz from US->EU at 150,000 miles, but partner awards are 70,000. Last I checked, 150,000 > 70,000.
Biz saver on UA showing 57,500 ow to and from Europe on UA metal.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:23 pm
NDN

Biz saver on UA showing 57,500 ow to and from Europe on UA metal.
With terrible availability.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by NDN
With terrible availability.
Not necessarily. Biz class saver space usually opens up at around the 3-4 week mark prior to departure. Economy saver space opens up long before. I will typically book into Y saver and wait for the biz class space to open up. Unless you are flying on a peak day (Thursday / Friday eastbound or Sunday / Monday westbound) to the EU, space usually opens up. I played this game earlier this summer with success for myself and my better half.

Biz saver space on partner airlines works on a similar pattern when it comes to availability.

I feel that UA's availability of award space is pretty good compared to others... even now that things are not AS simple as they were a few years back....
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:44 am
NDN

Not necessarily. Biz class saver space usually opens up at around the 3-4 week mark prior to departure. Economy saver space opens up long before. I will typically book into Y saver and wait for the biz class space to open up. Unless you are flying on a peak day (Thursday / Friday eastbound or Sunday / Monday westbound) to the EU, space usually opens up. I played this game earlier this summer with success for myself and my better half.

Biz saver space on partner airlines works on a similar pattern when it comes to availability.

I feel that UA's availability of award space is pretty good compared to others... even now that things are not AS simple as they were a few years back....
Without the high status though, isn't there a fee for changing from Y saver to J saver? Did you both get to sit next to each other? It's much harder when family traveling also.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:31 am

Hi guys, how long does it takes for the bonus miles to be posted? Thanks.

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...015/terms.html
Old Aug 16, 2015, 4:07 am
Suspended

Each of the 5/6 times I've done it with transfers to UA, which Marriott seems to have a close relationship with, 2 working days (even though website states longer).

Note - hopefully one of the +20+/25+K bonuses is available

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong

Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong

This 25% bonus has nothing to do with Marriott Travel Packages (the subject of this thread), or even Marriott (the subject of this forum)! The 25% bonus miles are posted on the UA end, not by Marriott. And the 25% bonus promo is for all hotel programs (that United supports), not Marriott specific.

There's a thread all about this promo over in the United forum:
Please read that thread to see if it already answers your question, or else ask there. Thanks.

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 16, 2015 at 8:50 am
Old Aug 16, 2015, 11:03 pm
Suspended

The question posted by Dolphinyong was how long does it take to get UA miles posted when redeeming a TP to which I responded 2 working days and then added a note that there are times when there’s a 20k, current, or 25k (last year) bonus attached, which he might wait for if not already available.

Now the ONLY ways I know to redeem MR points for UA miles is a straight points for miles (not very good) or through a travel package (IMO, much better), but you seem to take exception (or do you just like to argue without merit?) to this which I completely fail to follow; specifically stating that the 20-25% bonus has nothing to do with the TP which I do not agree with as redeeming the TP is the manner in which one obtains the UA miles + any bonuses available.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
This 25% bonus has nothing to do with Marriott Travel Packages (the subject of this thread), or even Marriott (the subject of this forum)! The 25% bonus miles are posted on the UA end, not by Marriott. And the 25% bonus promo is for all hotel programs (that United supports), not Marriott specific.

There's a thread all about this promo over in the United forum:
Please read that thread to see if it already answers your question, or else ask there. Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
As leeky said, the initial miles and bonus miles each take about two business days to post. That was my experience earlier this year.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:49 am
Suspended

my posting was slightly different then yours getting the initial TP miles w/i 2-days but the bonus a few weeks later -

11/16/2014 RewardsPlus Travel Package 4 132,000
12/31/2014 Points-to-Miles Bonus 25,000

your bonus posting along with the original transfer more then likely due to the Dec transfer time at or near the bonuses to be posted at the conclusion of the promo period.

Originally Posted by njcommodore
As leeky said, the initial miles and bonus miles each take about two business days to post. That was my experience earlier this year.

Last edited by leeky; Aug 17, 2015 at 5:03 am
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:37 pm

Does anyone know if it is possible to book 2 different hotels with a package? I am hoping to get 2 cat 7 hotels in Hawaii at 4 nights each instead of 7 nights in one place.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:44 pm
Suspended

no

years back they did, for Hawaii and Europe, but no longer

Originally Posted by Duane Haas
Does anyone know if it is possible to book 2 different hotels with a package? I am hoping to get 2 cat 7 hotels in Hawaii at 4 nights each instead of 7 nights in one place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.