Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
LINK TO CHART

Legacy to New Travel Package Conversion (effective August 2019)
A Marriott supervisor can currently convert your legacy travel package into the new category mapping. If you hold a Category 6, 8, or Tier 1-3 legacy certificate, it's ideal to downgrade your certificate before converting so that points don't potentially get lost in the process.

The codes for the new partial packages are:
New Cat 1-4: QP83
New Cat 5: QP91
New Cat 6: QP99
New Cat 7:

Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
Members who purchased a Category 6, Category 8 or Tier 1-3 certificate prior to 8/18 are able to request a one-time exchange for a Travel Package one category lower. This process will cancel your current Travel Package, reissue a Travel Package one category lower and result in a refund of 30,000 points to your account. To submit a request, follow these steps:
  • Select “Packages - Deals” from the “Topic” drop down menu
  • Submit your request
As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.
Source: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...es-update.html

The legacy certificates map to the new certificates as such:
Cat 1-5 => Cat 1-4
Cat 6 => Cat 1-4
Cat 7 => Cat 5
Cat 8 => Cat 5
Cat 9 => Cat 6
Tier 1-3 => Cat 6
Tier 4-5 => Cat 7
==================================================

If you are unsure where you will use your 7 night stay, when you request the package, just ask for a category 1-5 hotel. That way you are out of the least number of points. If later, you decide to book for a higher level category, then you can do so and pay the difference the travel package points. If you can't use your certificate within the year, then as close to the one year anniversary (without going over!) call to extend the certificate for one more year. That's as long as they will typically allow, one extension. There is an option to expedite the mileage delivery to within three business days (sometimes faster) for $15. There are reports that this fee may be waived for platinum members.

Effective April 1 2017 re: Southwest & the companion pass:

"Purchased points, points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions and Diners Club, points earned from Rapid Rewards program enrollment, tier bonuses, flight bonuses, and partner bonuses (excluding points bonuses earned on the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not count toward Companion Pass."
Can I book SPG properties with my Marriott Travel Package? As of 9/1/2018 apparently not. see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30155836-post6529.html
Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
What is expedited transfer (well I guess it's self explanatory but do the guarantee a certain number of days) and how much does it cost?
Old May 8, 2018, 7:07 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Not sure what the cost is today. I think it used to be around $15 or so, but for Platinum elites it was free. Don't know if the rules have changed over the years or not though.

I did check the Travel Rewards Marriott webpage and all it says is "contact your local Marriott Rewards office to inquire about express service (may include a fee)." So you might call and ask them if Platinum members still get expedited transfers at no additional cost.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by t1c
I asked about what TP package all of the Starwood Airlines would fall into. They said they were not sure but I will be in one of the 4 levels. I was hoping they would align everyone at 120k.
Me too. Aren't there 4 different levels in Marriott now? Maybe they'll keep them and just assign the current Starwood-only airlines to one of them.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:59 am

I'm thinking of buying a 7 day cat 1-5 120K miles package. How does booking the room work? Is there an option to upgrade to a suite or do "cash and points" for a suite? Or am I stuck with the standard room the entire time? Super bummed they don't allow the 5 day packages. 7 days is a long time to be stuck in a standard room with 2 kids!
Old May 8, 2018, 11:22 am

If I was gifted a stay by a relative, can I call in to change hotels and dates? I am listed as primary on the reservation, but don't know if only the original account holder can modify reservations.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jperiod
I'm thinking of buying a 7 day cat 1-5 120K miles package. How does booking the room work? Is there an option to upgrade to a suite or do "cash and points" for a suite? Or am I stuck with the standard room the entire time? Super bummed they don't allow the 5 day packages. 7 days is a long time to be stuck in a standard room with 2 kids!
When you book the room, if available, you will be provided options to upgrade the room. I've seen upgrades available via cash or upgrade certificates. For example, I stayed at the Paris Rive Gauche in a suite. We used a 7-day certificate (Cat 7 or 8, can't remember), plus 70 EUR/day for the upgrade.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:00 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Me too. Aren't there 4 different levels in Marriott now? Maybe they'll keep them and just assign the current Starwood-only airlines to one of them.
Yes there are currently 4 Levels.. They should keep them all and just fill them in line with the current levels.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:27 pm

Alaska (AS): Ordered 4/30 afternoon, posted 5/8 evening
travelbugging likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by khlay
Alaska (AS): Ordered 4/30 afternoon, posted 5/8 evening
Thank you for sharing! I got my miles too! Ordered 5/5 and posted around same time (evening 5/8) (I checked this morning and nothing).
Old May 9, 2018, 1:36 am

Are there any recent data points on timing of travel package transfers to Etihad? Many thanks.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by travelbugging
Thank you for sharing! I got my miles too! Ordered 5/5 and posted around same time (evening 5/8) (I checked this morning and nothing).
Mine posted too on morning of May 9!
Old May 9, 2018, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes

Mine posted too on morning of May 9!
yeah, mine also posted today (requested on April 30)
Old May 12, 2018, 2:39 am

For mine:

Alaska Mileage Plan: Ordered 5/11 afternoon; posted 5/11 evening using express service. Got 10K bonus points for the 1 hour long wait to redeem the Travel Package.
Old May 12, 2018, 10:18 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by spikeling
For mine:

Alaska Mileage Plan: Ordered 5/11 afternoon; posted 5/11 evening using express service. Got 10K bonus points for the 1 hour long wait to redeem the Travel Package.
Is that 10k Marriott or 10k Mileage Plan?
Old May 12, 2018, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
Is that 10k Marriott or 10k Mileage Plan?
Never got this. Will be happy to get either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.