Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Concourse Hotel - ATL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2004, 1:56 pm
tph
Original Poster

Renaissance Concourse Hotel - ATL

I have a lpr rate of $89 per night at this hotel. It is the "Fall In Love With Atlanta" rate. In the restrictions, it doesn't say anything that would prohibit me from getting it. It seems like a fantastic rate compared to the published $159. Any thoughts or experiences with this rate code.
Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2004, 2:48 pm

Hi tph, and welcome to Flyertalk!

I stayed at the Renaissance ATL just last week on this very same $89 Fall in Love with Atlanta rate. No problem getting the rate, and it was a good one.....you must've booked early, as I did, as the rate went up over $150 as my date got closer.

(Now that I think about it, didn't that rate include breakfast? Ah well, we had an early flight and didn't need it.)

Just as an aside, I wasn't going to mention this, but since you posted about this location....

We checked in around 11:30p, on a stopover on our way to Cancun the following am (only way to get to Cancun on 5 DL FF tickets from NY, but thats another story!)

Although the res requested 2 beds, and the clerk could obviously see we had kids with us, we nonetheless were given a room with one king bed. Went downstairs, front desk apologizes, moves us to the room next door. Two beds, as well as an iron and ironing board out, papers and money on the dresser, used hangars on the floor and used towels in the bathroom. Downstairs we go again, not too happy, since it's near midnight by now and we are simply here to make the early CUN flight.

After more apologies (did I mention my Marriott Platinum status??) and now it really IS midnight, we were given room 1013, a huge 2 br, 3 bath suite with jacuzzi and the biggest master bathroom I've ever seen in a hotel....well, sure, now it's midnight and NO ONE wants to go to sleep once they see this place!! I didn't even take all the amenities from the bathrooms as I swear they would've filled a small suitcase on their own (and I am an amenity stealer!)

Too bad we really couldn't get full enjoyment of the suite due to the late hour and the early flight, but I must say that the front desk apologized profusely for the mixups and it all worked out nicely in the end.

Old Feb 23, 2004, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
This is a great hotel all around. Nice people, good service. I would stay there again any time.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Feb 24, 2004, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Me, too. And if you search, you will find at least one other thread with similar comments:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/003355.html

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.