Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa (Mexico) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
$30 resort fee. Only bennie is free internet due to resort status.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold

Came across the press release at Marriott's news website:

http://news.marriott.com/2012/09/jw-...os-mexico.html

Marriott International’s (NYSE:MAR) world-class luxury hotel brand, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, announced today plans to open a new 300-room JW Marriott Hotel in Cabo San Lucas in 2015. Located within the Puerto Los Cabos master-planned development, the JW Marriott will cover approximately 14 acres overlooking the Sea of Cortez and offer 820 feet of beach front just seven miles from Los Cabos International Airport.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
is the JW in addition to the RC?
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Reserv...os/Default.htm

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Came across the press release at Marriott's news website:

http://news.marriott.com/2012/09/jw-...os-mexico.html

Marriott International’s (NYSE:MAR) world-class luxury hotel brand, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, announced today plans to open a new 300-room JW Marriott Hotel in Cabo San Lucas in 2015. Located within the Puerto Los Cabos master-planned development, the JW Marriott will cover approximately 14 acres overlooking the Sea of Cortez and offer 820 feet of beach front just seven miles from Los Cabos International Airport.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
If I understand the information right, the JW will be in Cabo San Lucas and the RC in San Jose del Cabo, around 30 min. by car on this transsomething main road. The Hilton resort by the way must be located somewhere in the middle between both JW and RC.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Does anyone have an update for this hotel's opening?

Original projection was for 2015, but an attempt to book it for 2016 just gets the Fairfield Inn in Cabo San Lucas.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Just received this update from the hotel:

The official opening date its October 2015 after a 2 month "soft opening" period, in order to double check that our facilities, procedures and services standard will exceed your fine expectations.

For your information the hotel its located in Puerto Los Cabos, newest residential development in San Jose del Cabo not San Lucas?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I have been trying to get this information. Thanks very much. We travel to Cabo every year and stay at Grand Solmar or Hacienda Encantada. Looking forward to the Ritz Carlton Reserve to open.

Our next trip is later August/Early Sept but can't stay even for a soft opening. Have to catch them in January!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
+ 1

Originally Posted by travelexpert

The official opening date its October 2015 after a 2 month "soft opening" period, in order to double check that our facilities, procedures and services standard will exceed your fine expectations.
Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:51 pm

Search "Cabo"

http://news.marriott.com/jw-marriott/
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex CDN MR
When will we find out what the reward category level will be for this new JW Marriott? Any chance that it will be 4 or under for the first year, or am I dreaming?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: WN A-List+/CP, Hertz Pres Club, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by aregora
When will we find out what the reward category level will be for this new JW Marriott? Any chance that it will be 4 or under for the first year, or am I dreaming?
I'm sure it will be a Category 8-9. But I'll be crossing my fingers with you!
Old May 1, 2015, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Any chance that it will be 4 or under for the first year, or am I dreaming?
Dreaming...
Old May 1, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex CDN MR
Thanks, I figured as much.

I partially asked because I saw that the JW Marriott opening in Bodrum, Turkey later this month (on the Aegean Sea), is only category 3. Looks nice but it is a long flight from YVR. New to FT and Marriott points, thanks for the replies.
Old May 2, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
It may be off topic here but can someone explain the lure of going to Cabo? What's the attraction if one lives in SoCal area already? Is it the West Coast version of the Bahamas? Every time I hear folks going to Cabo I ask why? What's there that's not in Rosarito or SD or Palm Desert area?
Old May 2, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
It may be off topic here but can someone explain the lure of going to Cabo? What's the attraction if one lives in SoCal area already? Is it the West Coast version of the Bahamas? Every time I hear folks going to Cabo I ask why? What's there that's not in Rosarito or SD or Palm Desert area?
It's close, the water is clear, the beaches are clean(ish), it's probably one of the safest parts of Mexico, the weather is pretty good when it's still frigid in many parts of the U.S. I'm sure I'm missing some things as well. It isn't my most favorite destination in the world but it has its pluses.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old May 2, 2015, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
New to FT and Marriott points, thanks for the replies.
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.