Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Jamaica Grande Resort

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2003, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G 1MM, AA Gold, MR Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond
Renaissance Jamaica Grande Resort

I know from other threads here and from the hotel's description that it's about a 2-hour bus ride from MBJ. Has anyone done this ride? Comments? Is there any (reasonable) way to get there more quickly or comfortably? Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2003, 3:04 pm

Not a bad ride. Goes quickly and nice scenery.
Old Oct 31, 2003, 2:08 pm

Location: New York - Delta Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
FormerLurker or anyone else with an opnion,

I will be staying at the Renaissance in mid Nov. and wondering about a few things.

Hoe easy is it to score a room updrade (am Gold).

General connemts about the beach?.

Thanks.

Old Nov 4, 2003, 7:52 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
This is not a fancy hotel, the beach is very average, fantasy pool is excellent - food good and plentiful - 7 bars. I am assuming that you are using points - if so you can upgrade to the all inclusive package - should cost you no more that $60 per person (kids under 14 free) You should request the North Tower - November is a good time to visit as it is not as crowded (large hotel with over 720 rooms). I was there in August and all but two of the rooms were occupied (two rooms held back for emergencies).

As for other ways to get there - you can fly from Mobay to Ochie via Air Jamaica Express. I beleive you can also charter a flight. Contact the hotel - they will give you info. I think the bus (JUTA) ride is your best bet ($20 each way).
Old Nov 4, 2003, 8:23 pm

Location: New York - Delta Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the info. We are already on an all inclusive package, de-luxe ocean view. All I want is to kick back, drink some Red Stripe, eat to my hearts content and recharge the batteries after a looooong year.

Sounds from your description like it fits the bill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.