Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Why Are Platinums Treated So Poorly At Marriott?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Are Platinums Treated So Poorly At Marriott?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by apodo77
Checked in to the Renaissance Seattle today for 2 nights and once again received an upgrade to an Executive corner room suite.

Friendly valet and front desk personnel as always.
Here's my suggestion (using the post above as an example & not aimed at the poster). That type of info (and others who have posted similar re: dif properties) should go in the specific property threads rather than a generic thread about Plats in general. People looking for info on properties & experiences tend to check the property threads first rather than wade through a generic one.

Cheers.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
while I FULLY agree with your premise, the suggestion put forward would first require the poster to use the seach function to find the appropriate property and we all know what a tedious effort that would impose .......................

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Here's my suggestion (using the post above as an example & not aimed at the poster). That type of info (and others who have posted similar re: dif properties) should go in the specific property threads rather than a generic thread about Plats in general. People looking for info on properties & experiences tend to check the property threads first rather than wade through a generic one.

Cheers.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:21 pm

Location: FL, UA 1K 2M, NH DIA, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, National Emer Exec
Pudong Ritz Carlton

I stayed at the beautiful Shanghai Pudong Ritz Carlton for a few times already. Previously as a lowly Gold, I was not expecting much of a recognition. My most recent stay for three nights there as a Plat, I boldly asked what kind of benefits would they offer a Plat member - do you offer room upgrades - no; do you offer free breakfast - no; do you offer club access - no; do you offer dining discount- no. Finally, the clerk smilingly offered me points, as if it was a huge benefit for Plat. A big thank you for being a Plat.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 1:31 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by WINGOFLY
I stayed at the beautiful Shanghai Pudong Ritz Carlton for a few times already. Previously as a lowly Gold, I was not expecting much of a recognition. My most recent stay for three nights there as a Plat, I boldly asked what kind of benefits would they offer a Plat member - do you offer room upgrades - no; do you offer free breakfast - no; do you offer club access - no; do you offer dining discount- no. Finally, the clerk smilingly offered me points, as if it was a huge benefit for Plat. A big thank you for being a Plat.
Ritz-Carlton is a bit different, as they have their own programme...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:49 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
That would be very helpful.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alfahund
Ritz-Carlton is a bit different, as they have their own programme...
Which is EXACTLY the same as Marriott's program. A Marriott Plat and an RC plat are supposed to be treated identical at both property types.

That said, of all the things the poster asked for, only an upgrade is a plat benefit at RC, not breakfast or club access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.