Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club, HI [Master Thread]

Old Aug 14, 2001, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Does anyone have any info on the Ko Olina Beach Club property that Marriott has planned for the area near the Ihilani resort on Oahu? Any idea when this may be open?
Old Aug 15, 2001, 5:32 pm
KTJ

I just got my Marriott Vacation Club magazine today. It says "With construction set to begin in June, the resort is scheduled to open in 2003." Not very specific, but I hope that helps you.
Old Aug 15, 2001, 5:44 pm
KTJ

I forgot to tell you about the resort. "Located just 20 mi from Honolulu Airport, the proposed 750 two-BR villas are part of the 640 acre Ko Olina resort, which currently includes a 270 ship marina, 7 protected laogoons w/ 1.5 mi of shoreline." The villas are 1190 sq ft. Resort has 18 hole champ golf course. Snorkeling, sailing, waterskiing available. Guest have access to the Marriott Ihilani resort with restaurants, spas, massages, etc.

[This message has been edited by KTJ (edited 08-15-2001).]
Old Aug 16, 2001, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks, KTJ, that's just the kind of thing I was looking for, some kind of timeframe, to possibly plan for a future trip there.

Interesting that it claims 7 lagoons...I only recall the 4 main ones, and perhaps 1 located farther NW...
Old Jul 1, 2002, 5:30 pm

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club offer

I got the following offer in the mail today. I think they got me via Mileage Plus.

- 6 days / 5 nights at Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club, located adjecent to the JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa

- 10,000 Mileage Plus miles

- $50 JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa gift cert.

All for $399 per person (based on double occupancy)

The confusing part is the dates. See if this makes sense:

"You must call and purchase your vacation package by July 16, 2002, and travel must be completed by December 15, 2003. ... Arrivals at Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club will not be accommodated after January 27th, 2003"

That last sentence contradicts the first one!

There was no mention of any timeshare sales presentations to sit through. Max 2 people. The phone# is 800-877-1135.

Anybody else get one of these? Or does anyone know much about what this property will be like (when it opens next year, I assume)?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old Jul 1, 2002, 10:32 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Offer also includes a Hertz convertible rental car, making it a pretty good deal.

BTW, mine says: Arrivals at Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club WILL BE accommodated after January 27, 2003. So you must pay $298 non-refundable deposit by July 16 and travel between Jan. 27 and Dec. 15, 2003.

Here's their website:
http://www.resortatkoolina.com/tshare_main.html

[This message has been edited by letiole (edited 07-01-2002).]
Old Jul 1, 2002, 10:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Offer also includes a Hertz convertible rental car, making it a pretty good deal.

BTW, mine says: Arrivals at Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club WILL BE accommodated after January 27, 2003. So you must pay $298 non-refundable deposit by July 16 and travel between Jan. 27 and Dec. 15, 2003.</font>
Whoops, I misread that part. You are correct on both accounts. Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2002, 5:57 am

I can't speak to the offer but this is a fantastic hotel. We spent 5 days there last summer and our only compaint was it's very expensive to eat on property and anything else is about 10 minutes away. It's about 1/2 hour out of Homolulu which was great.
If you go ask for an ocean view room overlooking the pool. They claim 70% have ocean views.
Old Jul 4, 2002, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
rignall- They are not going to put you in the Ihilani Resort. The offer is for the new timeshare being built about 1/2 mile away. It's hard to believe this building will be available for occupancy in January. We were there 2 months ago and it was barely under construction.
Old Jul 5, 2002, 1:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
This is a common deal that Marriott does with new T/S that are built. You are not required to go to any presentation but they will offer you Gift Certificates or Miles to go. It is very low pressure and usually take 45 - 90 Minutes.
It's a great location.
Old Jul 7, 2002, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by letiole:
Offer also includes a Hertz convertible rental car, making it a pretty good deal.

BTW, mine says: Arrivals at Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club WILL BE accommodated after January 27, 2003. So you must pay $298 non-refundable deposit by July 16 and travel between Jan. 27 and Dec. 15, 2003.

Here's their website:
http://www.resortatkoolina.com/tshare_main.html

[This message has been edited by letiole (edited 07-01-2002).]
</font>
Yes...I believe the dates you've listed are correct...just returned yesterday from there...the TimeShare's aren't even complete yet...but it looks like they'll be great
Old Jul 7, 2002, 1:06 pm

Socrates- was there anything more than the shell of a building (I believe there will eventually be two)? When we were there 2 months ago they had the concrete walls and floors for only 3 floors of the building.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JIMCHI:
Socrates- was there anything more than the shell of a building (I believe there will eventually be two)? When we were there 2 months ago they had the concrete walls and floors for only 3 floors of the building. </font>
Only a shell...looked alot like the hotel itself in size and design but still only concrete walls/floors (a demo room is available for previews in the condo sales center though...I didn't "preview" it)
Old Sep 25, 2002, 6:22 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
I just got this offer on the mail, for travel through 2003, has anyone taken advantage of this offer?

------------------
==================
Another evil plot for world domination through the use of points and miles.
Old Sep 25, 2002, 10:59 am

I was just at the Ihilani- about 3/4 of a mile away from the timeshare- and it still looks pretty unfinished. I don't know how this will be ready in January. Spoke with the timeshare rep who has his doubts also, but he said the constuction manager told him they are on schedule.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.