Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Old Jun 27, 2003, 1:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I was researching where to use my last X-14 and look what popped up! Finally, a Marriott related brand in Quebec City! Yahoo!

It appears to be a property that has just been built, to boot!

http://www.marriott.com/dpp/Property...rshaCode=YQBCY

http://www.marriott-quebec.com/
Old Jun 27, 2003, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Then you'll be happy to hear Marriott is planning big expansion across Canada: they plan to be operating 50 hotels by 2005, up from just a handful at the moment. As per a press release from Marriott:

"Along with the Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain, the Courtyard by Marriott, The Residence Inn by Marriott downtown Montreal and the Sprinhill Suites by Marriott in Montreal, Marriott will add a second Residence Inn to Montreal and a Courtyard in Quebec City early summer 2003. Quebec isn't the only provice where Marriott is expanding its portfolio: the company will open the 250-room Renaisance Toronto Airport Hotel in Setptember 2003 and the Marriott Victoria Inner Habour Hotel in March 2004. Marriott has also reached an agreement to operate the 446-room Pinnacle Hotel in Vancouver effective July 1 2003."
Old Jun 27, 2003, 4:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

tcook052:

That's good news. The 2nd Residence Inn is, I think, already open. It is listed as the RI Montreal Westmount.
Old Jun 27, 2003, 4:50 pm

They'll have enough rooms surrounding Pearson Int. Airport in Toronto, I think, with the Ren coming online. Always thought it was funny to have the Courtyard and the Marriott right next to each other.
Old Jun 28, 2003, 2:10 am

The CY and Marriott at YYZ are owned by seperate franchisers IIRC, which is actually a rarity: you'll often see multiple marriott brands grouped together which are owned by the same franchiser (ie the new toronto-suburb hotels).
Old Jun 28, 2003, 7:32 am

The Quebec property must be really, really new: I did some Canada trip-planning at the beginning of the month and a search on marriott.com revealed absolutely nothing in and around Quebec City. Now I can go there and still have it count toward elite status.
Old Jun 28, 2003, 9:51 am

I stand corrected on the number of Marriott brand properties across this great country. There are actually 30 at the moment (I know 'cause I counted an ad. in today's newspaper)
Old Jun 28, 2003, 11:13 am
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Springhill Suites in Montreal is a fantastic property with a wonderful staff. I can't wait to go back!
Old Jun 28, 2003, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Jun 28, 2003, 11:14 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tcook052:
I stand corrected on the number of Marriott brand properties across this great country. There are actually 30 at the moment (I know 'cause I counted an ad. in today's newspaper)</font>
There will be 34 properties as of 1 July. This accounts for the property that closed in Montreal and the opening of the Pinnacle and the Quebec City property.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 2:54 pm

Returned recently from a stay at this excellent new Marriott property. By far the nicest Courtyard I've ever stayed at. The hotel faces the largest of the 3 main gates into the Old City, the one at St. Jean street. Its located at the the Place D'Youville, a small plaza outside the gate where live music played nightly.

By divine intervention or maybe a lack of notice of the property, we were able to get 2 weekend award nights in August. The hotel had only been open 3 weeks. The clerk didn't seem too familiar with award reservations, but was definitely trained in them.

The interior of the hotel was very new, but well furnished and really lacked the cookie-cutter style of most Courtyards. I'm not sure how the Marriott branding works, but this hotel had the feel of a smaller, more intimate hotel.

I honestly don't believe we were upgraded upon check-in (only a silver and didn't ask), but we were in a larger room than others upon looking at the floor diagram. Room was nice and new, and I noted the excellent soundproofing from outside, as none of the street sounds came in.

The hotel provided complimentary juice and warm cookies in the afternoon, as well as coffee/tea in the morning.

We did not eat at the hotel, but the restaurant looked excellent, especially the weekend brunch buffet, which looked and smelled better than the famous one at the Chateau Champlain. If someone is staying in Quebec but not at the Courtyard, they may want to stop by for a bite.

The hotel staff, all of whom spoke fluent French and English, were excellent throughout and a late checkout was agreed to without hesitation.

I don't know if Marriott Canada does things a little differently, but some of my best Marriot stays ever have been at Montreal and now Quebec, with another at Toronto close behind.
Old May 16, 2004, 11:48 am

There is a Residence Inn coming to Halifax. Opening summer/fall 2004.

http://www.residenceinncalgary.ca/about/halifax.html
Old May 16, 2004, 12:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Great News!
Old May 16, 2004, 6:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP
On the topic of Marriot hotels in Canada ... if anyone from Marriott is reading this, I'd really really recommend opening a Courtyard or Fairfield Inn type propoerty in Kelowna BC. In the summer, there's a general lack of mid-priced hotel rooms in the city and even the Holiday Inn Express is charging C$169 for prepaid rates. There's a significant gap between the city's lower end motels and higher end hotels. The city has quite a few lower end hotels (Day Inns/Super 8/Comfort Inn/Travelodge/other no name inns) that charge like $100-150 a night in the summer and Best Western/HI Express that charge $150-200. Then there are a few very high end independent resort property by the lake that charge $300+ a night. I definitely see the demand of new good quality middle price range hotels (i.e. Courtyard) in the city.
Old May 17, 2004, 7:36 am

Stay at Courtyard Quebec City

I go to Quebec City quite often and used to stay at the Hilton accorss the street from the new Courtyard. The Courtyard is much better than the Hilton in every aspect. The Staff at Marriott is extreamly nice and helpfull, (unlike the Hilton), after my first stay I no loger stayed at the Hilton. I am a diamond with hilton and only a silver with Marriott.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.