Search

Platinum Premiere - Fail

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:49 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Platinum Premiere - Fail

Called the my special number (they only benefit for PP over P) to do override.
Rep stumbled around for a while then said they hotel was booked (Uh, DUH - That is why I am calling>) and did I need anything else.
I said, "Yes, I would like a reservation using my platinum override."
He explained that the hotel was booked but maybe I could get a room by calling the hotel - did I want the number?
Really? What is the point of my "one number to call."
I hung up and waited a day.
Called back, got a CR who actually knew what she was doing, called the hotel and took care of it.

But that is the third time I have called the special number and received just plain stupid response.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:24 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
I used to get excellent treatment calling the Platinum Reservations line, as there was usually an experienced Rep dedicated to helping Plats who knew the system, the rules and how to get things done. Within the last 9 months it is become hit or miss, as I believe the Gold, Plat, and Plat Prem reservations lines have all been combined with the regular line and the next available rep taking the call.

Regards,

RIP...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.