Wiki Posts
Search

Marriot San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2002, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles
Marriot San Francisco

I'm staying at the Marriot San Francisco over Thanksgiving and was just looking for some feedback on the property. How's the health club? Any floors to stay away from, etc.. Thanks to everyone who responds.

------------------
Old Nov 21, 2002, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
The Concierge Lounge is on 18, but the higher floors are much better. The lounge will almost certainly be closed over Thanksgiving, anyway, so no reason to stay on that floor. I was on 32 a couple of weeks ago and had terrific views.

Bruce
Old Nov 21, 2002, 3:20 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
This is a nice property, the lounge on the top floor affords some great views.
Old Nov 22, 2002, 5:16 am

Stayed there earlier this month on a short vacation. The rooms are nothing special, but the concierge lounge is nice with a good selection of food in both the morning and the evening.

The hotel is very close to some good shopping (according to my wife), but you will need to take a cab or a cable car if you want to go to Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square, etc.

The health club, as compared to other Marriotts is good, but can be crowded at prime times.

Have a drink on the top floor bar; great views.

Old Nov 22, 2002, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
Ask for a corner room. Two large windows on two walls makes a big difference. The views are great!
Old Nov 23, 2002, 4:30 pm

I heard that the Marriott SF has free access to the Sports Club/LA health club, a short walk away from the hotel.

The Sports Club/LA is the best health club in San Francisco. Definitely check it out.
Old Dec 8, 2002, 10:55 pm

This is a really good hotel. I've stayed more often at the Ren Parc 55, but stayed at the SF Marriott once during the baseball playoffs. I thought the rooms were good and a sportswriter buddy of mine got the sickest upgrade to maybe the best room in the place. had a huge rooftop deck overlooking the bay bridge and pac bell park.

plus, the sports bar serves food pretty late and has a great selection of tap beers.
Old Dec 9, 2002, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles
Well my stay was nothing but average at this property. Nothing above average about my room. Not even a coffee pot in the room. I'd advise others to pick another property.

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.