FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Chances of getting twin to King upgrade at St. Pancras Renaissance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1377670-chances-getting-twin-king-upgrade-st-pancras-renaissance.html)

thomasj Aug 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Chances of getting twin to King upgrade at St. Pancras Renaissance

Hihi!

Looking for some advice.

I'm booking a trip to London over Christmas and will be dumping some points to stay at the St. Pancras Renaissance. I stayed there earlier in the year and really enjoyed the hotel.

When booking on points, it gives me the option for a room with 2 twin beds. :rolleyes: To get a room with a King, it requires a cash co-pay of GBP 60 per night. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

What do you think the chances of them giving me (Platinum) a king upgrade at checkin? Would you risk it or just book another hotel?

thanks

dayone Aug 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Risk it. Hedge your bet by putting your request in the reservation remarks.

BostonFlyer1624 Aug 15, 2012 6:04 pm

I'd say your chances are pretty good.

I stayed at the hotel back in June during peak season and when the hotel was at full occupancy. Upon check in, I was upgraded to a King bed room.

There are the Chambers rooms which look lovely. I haven't stayed in one, but there are reports of Plats being upgraded to those as well.

Enjoy the stay - it is a fantastic hotel.

SkiAdcock Aug 15, 2012 9:49 pm

I'd contact the hotel in advance & ask.

Cheers.

dayone Aug 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 19131553)
I'd contact the hotel in advance & ask.

Always the best strategy.

V8Brit Aug 22, 2012 5:20 am

I would say your chances are high, I have just done the same as a Gold.

Although Golds don't get access to the executive "Club", you might even get lucky and be upgraded to the Chambers.

Internet also doesn't work in quite the same way as other Marriotts I have stayed in, still Ibahn but it doesn't recognise the gold status. So you bill to your room and guest services said they will refund on checkout.

BostonFlyer1624 Aug 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by V8Brit (Post 19170564)
Internet also doesn't work in quite the same way as other Marriotts I have stayed in, still Ibahn but it doesn't recognise the gold status. So you bill to your room and guest services said they will refund on checkout.

When was your stay? When I was there in June, another member of my group who was Gold didn't have this issue.

michelin Aug 22, 2012 3:47 pm

To the OP:

I will be staying for a couple of days in October at that property on points. My reservation says Barlow Twin, Guest room, 2 Twin/Single Bed(s), but to the left under preferences, it says Guaranteed:Non-Smoking Room, 1 Queen Bed (my profile bed preference is king bed).

I am assuming I will get a queen bed room or better.

What does your reservation say under "Guaranteed"?