Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discounted Rooms

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2002, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Discounted Rooms

I have been paying full rate on rooms for the past 2+ years. Working for a large bank, they never blinked at the high costs of some of the rooms.

I recently secured a contract with a State Government agency and I applied and received the govt rate on a full service Marriott. The standard rate was $150 per night, reduced to $84 per night for govt workers..Wow!

Now, are there any other ways to get discounted rates from Marriott? Do these discounted rates effect room placement and quality?
Old Jul 17, 2002, 9:43 am

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
When I am on a long term stay, I routinely get them to match the lowest rate available. Sometimes I have to quarantee XX number of nights in return for the discount and I have to ask for the hotel's sales staff to make the arrangements.

In Rhode Island, I got a $79 rate where as the normal rate was in the $150 range.

------------------
AA member since 1981
Old Jul 17, 2002, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
My experience (and I'm a cheapo regardless who is paying for the room) is that it does not affect the quality of the room you receive. I have never been told that due to your rate TH, you can not be upgraded etc.

Based on my experience, Gov't rates are usually upgraded if you are a plat and if not, it probably doesn't have anything to do with the rate.
Old Jul 17, 2002, 3:53 pm
CMW

When checking rates on the web always try promotional code M11. This is often used for Marriott Rewards member specials. You might come up with a good rate even if you didn't know it was being offered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.