Eight rooms, one folio?

Old Jun 11, 02, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nowt
Eight rooms, one folio?

A friend of mine is taking that walk down the aisle/plank, and is having family come up to the UK from New Zealand.

He is paying for all rooms on his credit card, and is a new Rewards member. Can he get stay credit for all eight rooms, or will he at the very least get the points from all eight rooms?

Cheers all.
Old Jun 11, 02, 10:07 am

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
I did the same thing for my wedding, and got both night and point credit for all rooms.
Old Jun 11, 02, 12:08 pm

Yes he can. You should arrange it thru the meeting planner at the specific hotel beforehand. Dealing with the front desk or trying to get it done after the fact will be close to impossible.
Old Jun 11, 02, 9:07 pm
GG

Programs: Mr Hertz & I have an Understanding. ;-> HH Diamond. DL PM (woo... at least it's clearly earned!)
Matthew, is your friend actually using the hotel for the wedding/social functions, or is he merely putting up the family? I don't know if that makes a difference in the UK: it could here, at least if he didn't prepare properly.

I've never run a meeting or convention in the UK, although I have a number of Brit friends who have vast experience along those lines, so I'm not sure how organising functions such as weddings may differ from similar things in the US or Canada.

sdix is right that generally in the US you can arrange for anything you personally pay for during a group function to get credited to you, but you do need to work through a hotel Sales Rep. The normal Marriott policy for random, non-planning guests is that you can get credit for up to 3 rooms' charges per night. Your friend clearly does not want to get stuck with only that.

It is published Marriott policy that you can only get credit for 1 room night per calendar night, no matter how many rooms on your folio. (If he does better, more power, but he shouldn't complain if that's what he gets.)

If your friend has specific questions in future, I'd be happy to query my UK mavens for their ideas.

------------------
The Delta Flyers' Guide
E-mail on the Flyers' Guide site
Old Jun 12, 02, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sdix:
Yes he can. You should arrange it thru the meeting planner at the specific hotel beforehand. Dealing with the front desk or trying to get it done after the fact will be close to impossible.</font>
A transient (non-group guest) can only receive credit for up to 3 rooms...a group planner can receive credit for groups of 10 rooms or more...contact the hotel directly for more info

Search this Thread
Search Engine: