Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Breakfast Buffet at the different Marriott chains - best breakfast buffet overall?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast Buffet at the different Marriott chains - best breakfast buffet overall?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2004, 4:09 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Originally Posted by ntamayo
I have found that the buffets of the Europe properties I've stayed at (Maida Vale, Ren La Defense, Ren Brussels, Milan) to be generally better than those in the US.
Second that motion. While I've had some good ones in the US many of the European properties are excellent. Best I think was at the Chancery Court a couple of years ago - outstanding food and service.

Bruce
Old Jun 18, 2004, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Muerz
Which Marriott hotel do you think features the best buffet?
Sunday Brunch at the Cinammon Tree restaurant in the Hunt Valley (MD) Marriott is my favorite - hands down. Eggs benedict, cheese blintzes, pork, beef, desserts, fruits, cheeses, and all the "breakfast basics". And only $18.

I have taken MRs to BWI just so I can rent a car, drive the thirty minutes to Hunt Valley, stuff myself until I almost cannot move, drive back to BWI, and fly home (in First Class, of course, just to fit in the seat. Same with renting a Crown Vic so I can fit).

Anytime I am in MD or VA on a Sunday, I do the same. It's just not to be missed in my opinion.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 6:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Not a buffet, but

Since there is no lounge at Ren in Rochester, NY, Golds and above are offered Breakfast coupons for the restaurant which has no buffet. The menu is extensive, and the food is absolutely delicious. My favourite breakfast choice at any Marriott chain, anywhere.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 6:24 pm

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
Talking World Center..agree with Foodguy

World Center is a 10, and as a Plat it is "comped" as part of the arrival Platinum Gift when checking in....and if you ask, they will usually give enough coupons for you and wife/partner for the whole stay. The coupon is for "Healthy Start" ; you may upgrade for $2 for the whole enchilada. The buffett also includes european choices, i.e.: lox, proscitto,meats, etc.

Last edited by jnbinpvb; Jun 19, 2004 at 6:27 pm
Old Jun 19, 2004, 10:29 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
JW Cancun

Breakfast Buffet at the Salsa Grill was great...... until I got the bill !!!!!

456 pesos.........OUCH
Old Jun 20, 2004, 12:35 pm

World Center Marriott for me

I would definitely rate the World Center Marriott as a 10 on a scale of 10. The Renaissance Waverly in Atlanta has a breakfast that probably only rates an 8, but the Sunday Brunch is 11+, simply over the top. If you are there on a breakfast package TFB or other rate, they allow you $28 towards the brunch if you choose that instead of breakfast on Sunday. (I think the brunch charge is $25 a person, but well worth it)
Old Jun 20, 2004, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
My favorite would be the Marriott Lihue.

Also good votes for Coronado, San Diego, & Camelback.

I'm not usually a big breakfast buffet person...usually a muffin/bagel and fresh fruit is all I want/need. But every once in a while....
Old Jun 20, 2004, 2:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
My favorite breakfast buffet domestically is the one at the Marriott-Marco Island, FL. My favorite breakfast buffet internationally is at the Marriott Munich.
I've not tried the breakfast buffet at The Camelback but with the reviews on this thread will definitely try it on my visit next month.
Old Jun 20, 2004, 4:23 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Just Passing Thru
Andover, MA used to have one, too. Haven't been there in a few years, though.
The Andover Marriott, which I have been to many times, is now a Wyndham. It would currently have an excellent breakfast buffet, except for the long wait for cooked-to-order items and the “fresh” bread being somewhat stale.

My vote goes for the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay and the Marriott located off of the PGA Boulevard exit on Interstate 95 in Palm Beach Gardens, although I am not sure it exists anymore...
Old Jun 20, 2004, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Cholula
My favorite breakfast buffet domestically is the one at the Marriott-Marco Island, FL.
I'll 2nd that
Old Jun 20, 2004, 6:07 pm

My favorite was at the original Marina Del Rey location (what sported the traditional sign on an outer wall, but it was labeled with a designation I never saw before or since - "Marriott Inn". I believe might now be the Marina Del Rey Courtyard. (It was located in a shopping center with a Von's supermarket and Carl's Jr. and shared a common parking lot with those and other retail establishments.

What I particularly enjoyed was the setting. That's because the the breakfast buffet was in an al fresco setting which was not only very pleasant but also a great way to start the day.

Because of it the ambiance was unique.

At that point in time (early eighties) Marriott was a domestic - single brand hotel operation just beginning to expand beyond the borders of the continental US.

I also remember that it was at that hotel I spent my fifth night, thus qualifying for "Club Marquis" privileges (I still have those luggage tags - bent, battered and twisted in action.)
Old Jun 21, 2004, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Great to see this two-year old topic get a second life
After having been to some more Marriott-branded properties since, I still find the Orlando World Center Marriott as well as the Surfers Paradise Marriott to be the best - In fact, I don't remember any hotels worldwide to have such a great buffet. Especially the Hyatts are often well below Marriott standards in this matter...
Old Jun 21, 2004, 3:43 pm

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
Talking Marco..

Sorry I did not mention this location over the World Center, however, this hotel has the BEST F&B manager in the industry, Steve L.!!!! There is never an issue on getting something alittle different to meet my dietary needs (diabetic)...he is GREAT! ^ ^ :-:
Old Jun 21, 2004, 4:16 pm
one

I have stayed at every Marriott resort property in the U.S. and I would have to say, hands down, none of the Marriott's breakfast buffets can compare with their Absecon, New Jersey property. Variety and selection beyond comparison. Marriott world center is a distant 4th in my opinion
Old Jun 23, 2004, 2:37 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM, Marriott-PP/LT P, Avis-PC
For all voting for the MCO World Center... you need to check out Grande Lakes. The buffet was the filled with the most wonderful (and huge) collection of amazing foods. It is also free with most Plat rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.