Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Breakfast Buffet at the different Marriott chains - best breakfast buffet overall?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast Buffet at the different Marriott chains - best breakfast buffet overall?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2002, 11:54 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ntamayo:
I have found that the buffets of the Europe properties I've stayed at (Maida Vale, Ren La Defense, Ren Brussels, Milan) to be generally better than those in the US.</font>
I agree with you. In general, European hotels offer a good selection on buffets. Maybe not always complete with missing salmon or waffles or anything else. IMO, the variety ought to be good enough for anybody.

The Courtyards around Frankfurt offer for example filled pancakes, selection of cereals, selection of quark dishes, muesli, selection of jam, bacon, sausages, hot meatloaf, omelette, salmon, mackerel, selection of sliced sausages and cheese, fruits, bread, Danish pastries, etc.
The difference to the Marriott is the food quality: Quark dishes, muesli or other food is often made by the hotel itself, while cheaper hotels buy more food. Eggs/Omelettes are pre-cooked in cheaper hotels; a cook will do it at request in more luxurious hotels.

My favourite breakfast buffet has
- fresh fruits
- cereals, muesli, quark dishes
- fruit juice without sugar
- salmon
- cheese
- coffee and tea (tea leaf, no tea bags)
Old May 29, 2002, 11:59 am

County Hall in London

...but that was 2 years ago...
Old May 29, 2002, 3:27 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LH738:
The Courtyards around Frankfurt offer for example filled pancakes, selection of cereals, selection of quark dishes, muesli, selection of jam, bacon, sausages, hot meatloaf, omelette, salmon, mackerel, selection of sliced sausages and cheese, fruits, bread, Danish pastries, etc.
</font>
That was my experience with the CY Frankfurt in Nordwestzentrum. For some reason, seeing seafood at breakfast seems to bump the breakfast up a notch.

[This message has been edited by ntamayo (edited 05-31-2002).]
Old May 31, 2002, 4:19 pm

Programs: Northwest-millionair; Marriott, lifetime gold
I will second the Bangkok Riverside Resort as the best. Second: Ren Lounge in Kuala Lumpur. Third: Leipzig, Germany.
Old May 31, 2002, 9:38 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hey Phil!

How 'bout the Marriott Munich!

Was, no weisbrau?
Old Jun 1, 2002, 7:32 pm
GG

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> ntamayo wrote:

For some reason, seeing seafood at breakfast seems to bump the breakfast up a notch.
</font>
Absolutely! Also, I admit I like European-style buffets with lots o' cold meats and really tasty cheeses, even though I usually try to do mostly low-fat breakfasts, just fruit and yogurt or cereal, and some bread-like object.

Renaissance Hotels should be just fine, at least comparable to full service Marriotts. I have fond memories, for instance, of the Ilikai Renaissance's breakfast buffet - the hotel was rather iffy in 2000 in many respects, but the buffet, with practically a double American/Japanese presentation, was just fine.

Courtyards in the US, however - unlike those cited in Europe - I would consider suspect. foodguy is right: they're hit or miss. If we get comped, we'll have some fruit & cereal, but we would never pay for one.

edited for yet another UBB flub

------------------
The Delta Flyers' Guide
E-mail on the Flyers' Guide site

[This message has been edited by GG (edited 06-01-2002).]
Old Jun 3, 2002, 10:41 am

Those coldcuts and cheeses in the morning at the Europe properties usually are sufficient to allow me to skip lunch and have a late dinner, which you would usually do anyways if you're a local.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GG:

Absolutely! Also, I admit I like European-style buffets with lots o' cold meats and really tasty cheeses, even though I usually try to do mostly low-fat breakfasts, just fruit and yogurt or cereal, and some bread-like object.
</font>
Old Jun 7, 2002, 11:11 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by edsh:
The Bangkok Marriott Resort. When I stayed, Rewards members had choice of either the C-Lounge or Cafe. The Cafe buffet is enormous with selections of Western, Chinese, Thai, and Japanese breakfast items and requires several minutes to walk through before beginning to make your selections. Numerous staff ensure it is always well stocked. If you crave breakfast buffets, you should put this hotel on your itinerary.</font>
We just stayed there for a week and the breakfast buffet is awesome.

Dim Sum, Thai food, American eggs/potatoes/sausage/bacon...and the most unbelievable fruit.

Great place.

Camelback breakfast is great but their dinners are better :-)

Old Jun 18, 2004, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Best Marriott breakfast so far was at Marriott Karachi.
Each morning I was a bit too full to subsequently walk onto an oil refinery.
But the heat and walking up and down columns allowed me to burn it off.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 9:56 am

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
I'm a little partial to the World Center--especially when I am with the family and it is comped!!
Old Jun 18, 2004, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Marriott Coronado Island has an awesome breakfast buffet. Lox and bagels, eggs benedict, and little baked pears stuffed with granola.

Last edited by gardener; Jun 18, 2004 at 10:17 am Reason: spelling
Old Jun 18, 2004, 1:14 pm

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
My choice is the downtown PDX Marriott.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I wasn't all that impressed with the buffet at Parc 55 either. But then, I am happy with the freebie at FI.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Buffets usually gross me out unless I am both (a) gambling, and (b) drunk, but I thought the one at the Renaissance Wailea was spectacular. It was included in our room rate, so we ate it every morning. (Otherwise, I avoid hotel breakfasts like the plague.)

This one truly breaks the mold for hotelfood. Beautiful open air seating, wonderful fruits, fresh breads, plus the usual hot foods.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
Originally Posted by lennon
Although I haven't stayed there for over a year, the Greenville/Spartanburg Marriott used to have a buffet that was worth getting up for.
Andover, MA used to have one, too. Haven't been there in a few years, though. Also, the CY in Brandon, FL (outside TPA) had a good one as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.