Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Barcelona Fira Hotel, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Anyone else here not receive the Chase Marriott Rewards Credit Card 5X points at this property?

When Checking Out, The clerk took my card and put it in a handheld chip card reader for the property charges. It did not post on the Chase site as a Marriott/Renaissance property. Instead shows the charge as: Hotel Fira(Doskasde S.A.Hospitalet)

Chase sent me the message (and credited me the missing points as a goodwill gesture)
With the note:
Hotel Fira(Doskasde S.A.Hospitalet) has a business code
of Lodging-Hotels, Motels, Resorts, - not elsewhere
classified, which does not qualify to earn bonus points.

-I've had this happen with the Courtyard property in Madrid, also. Is this an issue when payment isn't processed to the card on file via the Marriott res system? I was surprised they asked for my card at checkout. Would hate to lose out again, since chase said this was a 1 time deal.

Had a great stay at the property and want to come back in the future, but want to figure out why this didn't happen.
Had a similar issue with my stay this August. After contacting Chase, they were quick to add the bonus points. I would much prefer that the bonus points happen automatically like most properties.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by EVA Air
Had a similar issue with my stay this August. After contacting Chase, they were quick to add the bonus points. I would much prefer that the bonus points happen automatically like most properties.
Yeah - also happened to me at a property in Madrid (Courtyard) - it was back in October, so going to be more difficult getting those back points
Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Anyone else here not receive the Chase Marriott Rewards Credit Card 5X points at this property?
This property doesn't use the right MCCs or "obvious" charge name for a Marriott property which is why Chase doesn't see it.

I always include the Marriott URL for the property in my request (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...na-fira-hotel/).

I have never been denied the bonus points in my request. The property will likely never fix its categorization. True for most Autograph and outside properties that came into the family.

Rasheed
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by rasheed
This property doesn't use the right MCCs or "obvious" charge name for a Marriott property which is why Chase doesn't see it.

I always include the Marriott URL for the property in my request (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...na-fira-hotel/).

I have never been denied the bonus points in my request. The property will likely never fix its categorization. True for most Autograph and outside properties that came into the family.

Rasheed
Thanks for the insight. Got the credit for points back from October now also. Just hate that their reply makes it seem like its not eligible and you are doing them a favor... and may not be given again in the future.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Thanks for the tip off. Also didn't receive my 5X points, sent a secure message (to Chase Canada in my case), and annoyingly received a message back stating that "You must contact Marriott Rewards at 1-800-450-4442 for all questions on missing rewards." Ugg. Now I have to try to explain to Chase, in words of one syllable, why it's their problem, and not Marriott's. However, as I had some other issues with the hotel during our stay, I will be sending a terse email to Marriott as well. Bloody annoying.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Twickenham
Thanks for the tip off. Also didn't receive my 5X points, sent a secure message (to Chase Canada in my case), and annoyingly received a message back stating that "You must contact Marriott Rewards at 1-800-450-4442 for all questions on missing rewards." Ugg. Now I have to try to explain to Chase, in words of one syllable, why it's their problem, and not Marriott's. However, as I had some other issues with the hotel during our stay, I will be sending a terse email to Marriott as well. Bloody annoying.

Yeah it's Chase's problem - not Marriotts.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:38 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Hey guys, booked a stay here end of August. Got a Suite and it says there's a complimentary mini-bar available in the room. Does anyone know what's actually included in there? Just soft drinks or some beer/wine as well? Cheers!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:19 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
I stayed at the Renaissance for four nights in April 2017. Hotel was very modern and had a vibrant feel. Breakfast was also superb and the "open" floors were pretty cool. Only downside is the location is not the most ideal, yet close to a subway stop so it was not too painful to get downtown. Some pictures from our stay: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...arcelona-fira/
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Planning to stay here in January. Can anyone say what the indoor pool is like? I assume too cold to use the rooftop pool then.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:10 am

The indoor pool is one floor under the rooftop floor next to the fitness center. It is very small and only a large plundge pool. I am not sure but I think there weren't any loungers,
Old May 5, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Renaissance Fira Hotel - Barcelona - any way of getting access to hotel when sold out

I was interested in this hotel - Renaissance Fira Hotel - near the end of Sept/early Oct.

But the hotel is sold out then - it is within easy walking distance to

Fira Gran Via Convention Center, Hospitalet de Llobregat‎

where a medical oncology conference (at least 30,000 attendees) is being held
I am one of the medical oncologists who plan to attend that conference.

I have Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status - but I guess that will not get me access to a room in a sold out hotel such as this?

Can one be put on a waiting list? Any other possible ways of getting hotel access?
Old May 5, 2019, 11:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
If you can't get a room through the conference organizers, you can try contacting in-house (not central) reservations, but I doubt you'd have much luck. Otherwise, just wait and watch. Unfortunately, only titanium and ambassador members have the ability to get guaranteed bookings at sold-out hotels
Old May 6, 2019, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pewpew
If you can't get a room through the conference organizers, you can try contacting in-house (not central) reservations, but I doubt you'd have much luck. Otherwise, just wait and watch. Unfortunately, only titanium and ambassador members have the ability to get guaranteed bookings at sold-out hotels
48-Hour Guaranteed Availability may not be available on certain limited dates (e.g., special events).
Massive conventions such as these qualify as special events so even an Ambassador would struggle...
Old May 6, 2019, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Main thread.

When a property is sold out for a conference, it is sold out. The conference organizer may have some rooms reserved or they maybe released back to inventory shortly before conference.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Don’t expect any rooms on holds this hotel. The fira is a massive convention area. That said for Mac which sees 100,000+ people show up I have noticed starting a couple weeks prior to the event rooms begin to open from people who booked in advance but drop out of the event

best bet here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.