Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Budapest, Hungary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Budapest Marriott email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Budapest, Hungary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Billiken
Thanks, everyone.

First time visitor to BUD.
We are going for the Marriott.
Wise choice, don't forget to enjoy cocktails in the concierge lounge as the sun sets. My favorite lounge of all the Marriotts I've experienced.
jrsinpdx likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:50 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Heading to Budapest in a couple of weeks and all Starriott hotels were 250EUR+ with the exception of the Courtyard. That seems a bit ridiculous, though of course there might be an event that I'm not aware of. The Ritz Carlton was over 500EUR, but I found a BRG which got it down to 250EUR. I visited the Westin Budapest a few times in its own form, so let's see whether the rebranding has managed to bring the hotel up a level.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
There's another thread on here somewhere about the name change. Still Marriott; apparently the entire Boscolo name was retired and a similar name change occurred at all 7 of 'em.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tai4de2
There's another thread on here somewhere about the name change. Still Marriott; apparently the entire Boscolo name was retired and a similar name change occurred at all 7 of 'em.
This change was undoubtedly made by the new owners of the (former) Boscolo properties, not Marriott. The Boscolo family sold all nine properties to an investment firm, Varde Partners, last fall.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Heading to Budapest in a couple of weeks and all Starriott hotels were 250EUR+ with the exception of the Courtyard. That seems a bit ridiculous, though of course there might be an event that I'm not aware of. The Ritz Carlton was over 500EUR, but I found a BRG which got it down to 250EUR. I visited the Westin Budapest a few times in its own form, so let's see whether the rebranding has managed to bring the hotel up a level.
Have to assume there's something going on in town. I don't believe I've ever paid over 125 EUR for the Marriott property. The Ritz may not be that much more than normal though.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JBord
Have to assume there's something going on in town. I don't believe I've ever paid over 125 EUR for the Marriott property. The Ritz may not be that much more than normal though.
Budapest has become quite popular. Everything was over 200 euro/night for both my trips last year (April and August).
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Not only is room 250 , but you need to add 50 in taxes
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I am going Memorial Day weekend and the Ritz was half the price of the Marriott. Go figure! I'll post a review when I get back.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Budapest has become quite popular. Everything was over 200 euro/night for both my trips last year (April and August).
Wow. I was last there in summer 2016 I guess. That's too bad, I had always felt like I made up about half the room cost for 2 people in the concierge lounge between breakfast and drinks/apps before dinner in the evening, which made it an incredible deal overall.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by rstidolph
Not only is room 250 , but you need to add 50 in taxes
Yeah it's a good place to redeem points.

Originally Posted by JBord
Wow. I was last there in summer 2016 I guess.
It's totally different. I would avoid during the summer. The crowds are now similar to Prague.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum

Great view from the lounge
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
My wife, 3-year-old son, and I visited this hotel for four nights in July. I meant to write a review at the time but forgot. We flew to BUD from KRK on LOT and then took the 100E bus into the city. The Marriott was a short walk from the bus stop.

We arrived around 10AM and our room wasn’t ready, but we were invited to have breakfast in the executive lounge (I had LT Platinum status at the time, now LT Plat Premier) while we waited. This was a kind gesture as we had woken our son up early that morning and he needed to eat again by the time we got to the hotel. As everyone else says, the lounge is great. Breakfast included eggs and breakfast meats plus pastries, fruits, and yogurts. I visited once at midday and the lounge had soup plus light snacks. At dinner one could probably turn the offerings into a meal although we never did; they had rotating dishes including spaetzle, chicken paprikash, etc. Alcohol was available including unremarkable beer, 3-4 types of wine including a nice dessert wine, and hard alcohol. Sitting out on the terrace at sunset with a drink was just fantastic and I think back favorably to the hotel often. We visited the lounge twice daily and could always get a seat outside. Most of the other guests in the lounge were Americans.

We paid cash for the hotel and It was around 150EUR per night, plus we used the Citi fourth night free. We had a regular room but I believe an upgraded view. It was fun watching the river cruises come in each evening from our room. The room was quiet and I don’t recall hearing any noise at all. We used public transit extensively and I thought the hotel was well located with both a tram line and the subway in close walking distance.

My wife and I had last visited Budapest in 2010 and it seems like it’s become much more touristy and expensive in the meantime. Coming from Poland, we found a notable increase in prices. Still, everything was reasonably priced compared to home and we had a great time. On our last trip we stayed at the Hilton in the Castle District and enjoyed it, but the Marriott is a more convenient location especially with a child.

I thought Budapest was especially great for children. We enjoyed Palatinus on Margaret Island and the island in general, the Hungarian railway museum, and the Budapest Children’s Railway (which was really unique - here is a good article about it). Our son loved all of these activities as well. The Railway Museum had a ton of fun stuff that would never be allowed back home in the US - we even went for a ride in the cab of a locomotive. I thought that was fun even as an adult. I was a little afraid my son would end up needing a tetanus booster after climbing all over the old train equipment but everything was fine and he had a great time.

We had an early flight out on our last day and booked a Mercedes plus car seat through BUDtransfer.com to save time. It was around 30EUR with a safe driver and the car seat met my wife’s expectations. The driver was waiting for us in the lobby and at 530AM it took around 25 minutes to get to the airport.

I hope to return to this hotel soon and certainly recommend it.
mcgahat and captain_starwood like this.

Last edited by River in Sight; Oct 5, 2018 at 8:29 pm
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
My family is going to Budapest in November for 3 nights. My husband and I are bringing our two kids (ages 1 and 3). The Marriott and the Marriott Executive Apartments are about the same cost. If you stay at the apartments as a Plat, they give you lounge access at the Marriott but you walk to the Marriott to use the lounge. Can anyone advise on the length of the walk between the Marriott and the Millennium Court Executive Apartments?
Staying at the Marriott with the lounge would certainly be more convenient, but the extra space of the apartment would sure be nice with two kiddos. I imagine the Marriott rooms are standard size and that could be cramped with the kids. I'm only wondering how feasible it would be to walk outside in November to get to the lounge with the kids. Any insight?
Thank you!
Ashley
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by ashley1245
I'm only wondering how feasible it would be to walk outside in November to get to the lounge with the kids.
It’s less than a 5 min walk.

Personally I’d talk to the Marriott, explain your situation & ask if they can pre-upgrade you

Thier corner rooms really are quite spacious (never mind their suites)

I believe the most appropriate e-mail is;

mhrs.budhu.concierge at marriotthotels.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.