Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

A Unique Situation - How Soon Are Points Available?

Old Mar 10, 02, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA - Hilton

I am traveling to Dubai, for business. I will spend 20 nights at the JW Marriott Dubai. This has the potential to generate anywhere from 50,000 to 95,000 points. I leave Dubai on the 24th of June. I will then vacation in Europe starting on the 26th. I would like to cash in some, or all, of these points for rooms in Europe.

Even if the points show up in time, how would I get the certificates? Any thoughts, FTer's?

Thanks,
Old Mar 10, 02, 10:15 am
Original Member

Programs: AA AAll the wAAy!!
Have Marriott Rew. Fedex the certs. to the address you will be at. You will have to pay for this ofcourse.
Old Mar 10, 02, 11:05 am
Original Member

There are several issues here:
1. Marriott tends to be slow in posting points from international properties. (You should mail or fax your receipt(s) to the service department as soon as you return to assure credit.)
2. Just because you have points does not mean that there will be a reward room for you to use points on. Rooms in good properties in Europe are at a premium in the Summer. (You should check and make reservations for using rewards before departure).
3. Assuming that you have done 1 and 2. Certificates can be ordered for expedited delivery to anywhere you want. (You will have to pay a fee, of course)

[This message has been edited by TheAuditor (edited 03-10-2002).]
Old Mar 10, 02, 11:39 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Starwood (Plat) and every other US program
You can make the reservation before you have the certificate. So you should have some idea about availability.

Marriott has (at least on some occasions) shown flexibility for this kind of situation. If you already have a lot of points earned (showing that you are consistent traveler) and if you cooperate with them (maybe fax a copy of your bill mid-stay), you may be able to get a "loan" of points.
Old Mar 10, 02, 2:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
I don't know about the international expedite fee, but domestically it's only $15. I think that'a a bargain. I do wish it could all be done electronically.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: