Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite levels Above Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2002, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Location: USAirways Gold,Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, AVIS Preferred Select, Hertz #1 Gold
Elite levels Above Platinum

Is the rumour true that there are Elite levels above Platinum by invitation only?
Old Mar 2, 2002, 2:47 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
No. There are people who get treated better than elite (VIP, Marriott Owners, etc.) but they are not higher elite levels.
Old Mar 2, 2002, 5:36 pm
Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sbrower:
No. There are people who get treated better than elite (VIP, Marriott Owners, etc.) </font>
How are they treated?
Old Mar 2, 2002, 10:03 pm

like royalty!!!
Old Mar 3, 2002, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sbrower:
No. There are people who get treated better than elite (VIP, Marriott Owners, etc.) but they are not higher elite levels. </font>
Actually there is 1 step higher and it is by invite only....Called JWM 5 Star Platinum because JW has to invite you personally....the only members I'm aware of are the Marriott immediate family and Board of Directors, but there might be a few others...my guess is there's less than 30 members (but this is just a guess)
Old Mar 3, 2002, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IM4Travel:
like royalty!!!</font>
Depents on the hotel...if it's the hotel they own of course, other wise it's very similiar to what a Plat would receive
Old Mar 5, 2002, 12:30 pm

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
What are VIP and "Marriott Owner"?

If I'm long 100 MAR, should I carry a printout of my brokerage account holdings?
Old Mar 5, 2002, 2:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
A Marriott Owner is someone who owns a Marriott Hotel.
Old Mar 5, 2002, 2:08 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have seen posters in Marriott offices stating that there are 6 distinct elite levels - yet what all the details regarding each of the levels are, I just do not know!
Old Mar 5, 2002, 3:10 pm
Original Member

Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA**US Airways Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doc:
I have seen posters in Marriott offices stating that there are 6 distinct elite levels - yet what all the details regarding each of the levels are, I just do not know! </font>
I think that timeshare owners get a variation of Silver, Gold, or Platinum depending on exactly what they bought. The benefits appear to be similar to the regular ones, with some slight customization.
Old Mar 5, 2002, 6:37 pm

Almost 2 years ago, I stayed in the County Hall Marriott, and the gentleman behind the front desk saw my Platinum card and commented that with all the new levels of Platinum now out there, it is tough to keep them all straight. I asked him to elaborate (as I had no idea that there were any levels of Platinum - thought 75 nights was the only one) ... he said that there was a level that he thought was called 5 Star Platinum that could be attained by staying in only 5 star Marriotts (not sure if he meant the JW 5 Star or just 5 Star)... I shrugged as I thought he may not have his facts straight... but who knows, according to other posts in this thread, there are other levels of Platinums out there...

[This message has been edited by uschpr (edited 03-05-2002).]
Old Mar 6, 2002, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by uschpr:
Almost 2 years ago, I stayed in the County Hall Marriott, and the gentleman behind the front desk saw my Platinum card and commented that with all the new levels of Platinum now out there, it is tough to keep them all straight. I asked him to elaborate (as I had no idea that there were any levels of Platinum - thought 75 nights was the only one) ... he said that there was a level that he thought was called 5 Star Platinum that could be attained by staying in only 5 star Marriotts (not sure if he meant the JW 5 Star or just 5 Star)... I shrugged as I thought he may not have his facts straight... but who knows, according to other posts in this thread, there are other levels of Platinums out there...

[This message has been edited by uschpr (edited 03-05-2002).]
</font>
The desk clerk was confused/mistaken, Here's a list of the levels todays

Standard MR
Silver MR
Gold MR
Platinum MR
5 Star Platinum MR - Is only given out by Bill Marriott-no way to earn this level
Old Mar 6, 2002, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by socrates:
The desk clerk was confused/mistaken, Here's a list of the levels todays

Standard MR
Silver MR
Gold MR
Platinum MR
5 Star Platinum MR - Is only given out by Bill Marriott-no way to earn this level
</font>
BTW: Cause I'm sure the next question is...what does a 5 Star Plat get that a normal Plat would get?.....a 5 Star Plat does not have to earn their status each year...otherwise it's exactly that same (oh wait...there are a few that have notes in them saying to send the guest's bill to Marriott Corporate...usually these are the Board's accounts)

Old Mar 6, 2002, 5:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by silverpie:
I think that timeshare owners get a variation of Silver, Gold, or Platinum depending on exactly what they bought. The benefits appear to be similar to the regular ones, with some slight customization.</font>

Not unless things have changed very recently. Being 1 night away from Plat. and a TS owner, the levels are the same. At least when we bought in 98 and 2001, no status was comped except through the VISA. That was for Silver and we already had that status.
Old Mar 6, 2002, 8:22 am

I have been a Marriott Platinum member for about 8 years and I've been a Marriott Timeshare owner for over 15 years and I have never received, seen, nor heard of a benefit that I could attribute to being a Timeshare owner. The Timeshare side of the Marriott house couldn't care less about your hotel-side status.

[This message has been edited by ual1k (edited 03-06-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.