Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Return of Award 083 hotel for points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2002, 4:13 pm
KMR
Original Poster

Under the new Marriott Awards program, could anyone please tell me if the hotel part of Award 083 (7 nights at level 5) can be returned to Marriott for points? I really just got the award for the airline miles. Thank you.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
same question here...
Old Jan 22, 2002, 5:03 pm

Yes, 45,000 points will be credited to your account upon MR Guest Services receiving your award certificate for the hotel portion. I found the 083 award the most efficient way to transfer points to miles if you don't care about hotel stay.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 7:13 pm

Would one still retain Hertz car rental + calling card portion of the package after returning the hotel certificate?

This is appears to be one of the better FF mile bargains Marriott offers.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 8:28 pm

Yes, I kept my Hertz certificate and ATT phone card. MR Guest Services will not give any additional points if you return the aforementioned.
Old Jan 24, 2002, 4:33 pm
KMR
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply. I will return the hotel coupon that I know I will not use this year. My account could use the additional points.
Old Jan 24, 2002, 4:41 pm
Original Member

What do they give you for the 87 (cat6) or 91 (cat7) hotel redeposits? I'd assume they'd be worth 15000 and 35000 points more but ...
Old Feb 3, 2002, 1:02 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by billhallNY:
What do they give you for the 87 (cat6) or 91 (cat7) hotel redeposits? I'd assume they'd be worth 15000 and 35000 points more but ...</font>
cat 6 = 50,000
cat 7 = 55,000

Old Feb 22, 2002, 5:58 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
I wonder if someone could clarify something for me. On these type of awards, when are the airline miles credited to the airline account? When I order the award or when I use the hotel portion (as someone implied in this thread)? It would seem that if the idea is to be able to book your award vacation using the miles to book the air, you would need the air miles credited right away.

So, put another way, can I order the award now for travel in say December, get the miles into my AA account withing a few weeks and then book my award AA ticket? Obviously not actually using the hotel portion until December.

Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2002, 7:17 am

The hotel voucher portion is valid for one year from date of issue.
Old Feb 22, 2002, 8:50 am

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
Just out of curiousity: why are people so eager to return the hotel coupon? I'm closing in on the 200,000 point level, and will probably hold out until I can get a week in a Cat 6 + 120K AA miles. Obviously the miles are the best part of this deal, but don't you also feel that the hotel coupon is a good value? I'm thinking a week in a nice European Marriott would be a very good use of this award...

Is it that you accumulate so many MR points that you simply redeposit and go for your next 083? Do you ever do actual award stays in the hotels?

Just curious...
Old Feb 22, 2002, 3:42 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rmccamy:
Just out of curiousity: why are people so eager to return the hotel coupon? I'm closing in on the 200,000 point level, and will probably hold out until I can get a week in a Cat 6 + 120K AA miles. Obviously the miles are the best part of this deal, but don't you also feel that the hotel coupon is a good value? I'm thinking a week in a nice European Marriott would be a very good use of this award...

Is it that you accumulate so many MR points that you simply redeposit and go for your next 083? Do you ever do actual award stays in the hotels?

Just curious...
</font>
you might wish to hold on till you get to 250,000 points. then you can get additional air miles, use them for first class airfare. seems that the 250,000 points bonus is a better deal than the 200,000 one. the main difference is that you can have extra air miles to fly first class.

------------------
Old Feb 22, 2002, 3:57 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dougef:
I wonder if someone could clarify something for me. On these type of awards, when are the airline miles credited to the airline account?</font>
The miles are deposited in your airline FF account within a few days or weeks (depending on the airline) of when you request the award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.