Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Marriott Vacation Club
Originally Posted by Tim3112
does anyone have an email address of the hotel? would like to contact them and enquire about a possible upgrade for gold members.

thanks
I was there as a Gold, they checked me in at the Club Lounge and I was put on the club level. I doubt you need to email them unless you are hoping for a suite or something.. Do be warned that sometimes its quite a pain to email them as they often misinterpret what you are trying to put across.

Anyway.. good luck.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
"RHI, Bangkok Ratchaprasong Thailand Guest Service Mgr" <[email protected]>
"'RHI, Bangkok Ratchaprasong Thailand FOM'" <[email protected]>
Originally Posted by cattwl
I was there as a Gold, they checked me in at the Club Lounge and I was put on the club level. I doubt you need to email them unless you are hoping for a suite or something.. Do be warned that sometimes its quite a pain to email them as they often misinterpret what you are trying to put across.

Anyway.. good luck.
Thanks guys! I will give it a try. I booked an extremely inexpensive LNF rate and thus would prefer to have the Gold perks confirmed via email before.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Tim3112
Thanks guys! I will give it a try. I booked an extremely inexpensive LNF rate and thus would prefer to have the Gold perks confirmed via email before.
Gold perks apply even if on a Priceline stay.

Cheers.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Gold perks apply even if on a Priceline stay.

Cheers.
I did an LNF for a friend to the tune of $19.xx after taxes and he got upgraded to 1 bedroom suite, so deifnitely no need to send an email...
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, UA 1K, SPG Plat, marriott plat
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've stayed at both and am top tier in both programs. You won't go wrong with either. They are both good hotels with excellent executive lounges. They are just a few blocks apart, with the Marriott being closer to the SkyTrain.

I have a mild preference for the Conrad. It is a more elegant hotel. I like it that it is attached to a mini shopping center. You can stay in air conditioning to walk into it. There are a couple places for foot reflexology, as well as a range of other shops.
The gym, pool and executive lounge are most important to me. How would you compare these areas between the Conrad and the JW?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by swampfox1001
The gym, pool and executive lounge are most important to me. How would you compare these areas between the Conrad and the JW?
Pool is better at Conrad, executive lounge is better at JW, and the gym is a wash.

Overall I felt more appreciated as MRT PLT at JW than Hilton Diamond at Conrad.

As you saw from the Conrad's response above they are very by the book and will give you the absolute minimum required by HH and that's it.

Last time they told me that I had been upgraded. After I pointed out that it was actually what I had booked they told me that they cannot upgrade HH Diamond members higher. They, however, gave me 1000 points for that.

Note that the evening happy hour is 4 hours at JW and 2 hours at Conrad. The drink service at Conrad is REALLY slow.

The Conrad property is more elegant.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Sathorn Vista Bangkok. Marriott Executive Apartments

Currently staying at the Sathorn Vista Apartment by Marriott hotel. It is actually the first night of a 3 night stay at the hotel. Since there is no dedicated thread on this apartment. I thought I'd start one.

The apartment is in the middle of the embassy area, with the nearest BTS about 15 minutes walk. There is actually 3 bts station that is about 15 minutes away. Since I'm here on a business trip, the distance between bts is not that great of a deal since I will be picked up by my business associates.

I couldn't sleep on my first night from the noise from the airconditioning. I set the AC temp on auto, and the unit would start and stop every few minutes. It is fine, except when it is off, there would be dead silence, and when it starts on, there would a sudden roar. And it happened about 20x a night.

The apartment is actually rather well maintained. The service so far is good, but don't expect daily newspapers. I called and requested newspaper, and offered to pay for them, and was told I couldn't get one. Got to go to the restaurant to read it.

Rented a 1 bedroom executive. It had everything an apartment should have. Washer +dryer, microwave, stove, refrigerator. All in all the apartment was clean and well maintained.

As a elite plat, don't expect any special perks in the hotel. All I got was free internet, which I believe is offered to any MR members. Plus the option of having my breakfast in a resident area, as apposed to the regular area.

The rate I paid was baht 4100++ for room with breakfast, after tax and service, it came up to a little less than baht 4900.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
One more thing to add...since this is an apartment/residence, you only get 1 elite night per three paying nights!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the 'trip report'. Your fellow FTers appreciate it.

Cheers.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Definitely nothing there to tempt me away from the JW
Old Aug 11, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Definitely nothing there to tempt me away from the JW
BUT it's not a Full Service Hotel. It is a Marriott Executive Appartments and having stayed at the Marriott Mayfair Executive Appartments in BKK I would not expect the services that I would get at the JW in BKK. Nor would I be paying the rates that the JW charges.

Marriott Executive Appartments are really for medium length stays where you need more home-like facilities than a Hotel room. Typical guests are moving toa city and stay for a few weeks whilst they find an appartment or workers on a short term assignment for a few weeks or a month or two where an appartment contract is not viable.

We use them for vacations since we like to have the facilities of an appartment at a rerasonable cost.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by qwest01
BUT it's not a Full Service Hotel. It is a Marriott Executive Appartments and having stayed at the Marriott Mayfair Executive Appartments in BKK I would not expect the services that I would get at the JW in BKK. Nor would I be paying the rates that the JW charges.

Marriott Executive Appartments are really for medium length stays where you need more home-like facilities than a Hotel room. Typical guests are moving toa city and stay for a few weeks whilst they find an appartment or workers on a short term assignment for a few weeks or a month or two where an appartment contract is not viable.

We use them for vacations since we like to have the facilities of an appartment at a rerasonable cost.
I do know that, my point was even at the lower cost I would not be tempted hence the little smiley at the end of the comment.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:14 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Any recent stays at this property ? If MR, I usually stay at the Renaissance or Marriott Resort.. but resort is beeing reflagged and Renaissance has no decent rate loaded for my dates.

Any elite got upgraded ?
Can anyone confirm on free bf for gold ?

And btw there are some small cheap thai restaurants nearby with great food. You need to walk inside the very small streets. Cafe and resaurants in walkin distance ( i think they are closed at night ).
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
I am plat but have stayed there in the last few months. They do provide breakfast and internet to golds. The do have some room upgrades, depending on availability. Not as nice as the JW or Ren, but acceptable if you can get a good price.

Billy
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:36 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
2300++ compared to 4500++ for the Ren
i love the lounge & style of the Ren but this time i think i'm going to save the money.... Never tried the JW, if Sukhumvit then SGS or Westin but i will try it in January... too bad the resort is gone soon... i loved that lounge.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFORMATION AND THE QUICK REPLY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.