Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtyards in Dusseldorf, Germany

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2001, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Courtyards in Dusseldorf, Germany

I would appreciate feedback on this hotel from anyone who has stayed there. I will be commuting daily to the exhibition grounds. Is this hotel conveniently located?

Moderator's Note: When this thread began, there was just one Courtyard Hotel in Dusseldorf. Later, a second one opened. So the oldest posts refer to just one hotel, and later ones should specify one or the other.

Last edited by bdschobel; Apr 30, 2015 at 9:52 am Reason: added Moderator's comment
Old Nov 9, 2001, 2:48 am

Programs: MR Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat, IC Amb
During fairs Duesseldorf is always completely full, therefore be glad that you have a hotel in town.
Apart from that the Courtyard is rather mediocre. (I stayed there last time about two years ago, maybe it has changed, but I am afraid not).
It is on the other bank of the Rhine river than the fairground and the bridge inbetween is totally croweded during rush hour (this has certainly not changed).
The rooms are really run down and even the non-smoker rooms do smell (This might have changed).
The breakfast is ok though (This has hopefully not changed).

One more remark: They used to overbook the hotel rather often, therefore check in not too late.

Nevertheless, enjoy Duesseldorf
Old Nov 9, 2001, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Sounds wonderful! I'm paying 230 Euros/night (around $205/US) for what seems like a fairly awful hotel. I should have guessed, since it is the only thing available for less than around $350/night.
Old Nov 10, 2001, 12:09 pm
Jib

Programs: DL 5MM+/FC/DM through 2022, UA PEX, Marriott PPMLT, Starwood PM, Hertz PM
Stayed at this Courtyard in August (2001). It is an old Ramada Inn and the rooms look it. Internet access is impossible due to old phone switching equipment. The location is "OK" but not great, located in business park. On the positive side the staff was good and there is an excellent Italian Rest. about two blocks away. (the Staff recommended it and it was great).
Old Nov 12, 2001, 11:08 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
You may want to try http://www.hrs.de for discount rates at hotels in Germany (HRS is a big hotel-consolidator in Germany).

I do not know if they have better rates available during trade shows, but it is worth a try. They also have an english-language interface, IIRC.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jan 28, 2004, 3:19 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Courtyard Duesseldorf Hafen

Anyone ever been to this hotel? Any opinions on it?

Last edited by Muerz; Apr 12, 2004 at 9:39 am
Old Jan 28, 2004, 12:18 pm

I'm actually living about 2 miles away and also have stayed there.
The hotel is quite new (about 3 years), a lot of restaurants around, about 20 minutes walking distance to the "Altstadt".
The hotel does have W-LAN and a (small) fitness center on the upper floor with a nice view of Duesseldorf's skyline. Restaurant and bar are quite good, the breakfast is a mixture of American and German stuff.
Any particular questions?
Old Jan 28, 2004, 5:32 pm

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
"I was born in Duesseldorf, und that is why they call me Rolph".

Sorry...just got back from The Producers and can´t get the songs out of my head!

[This message has been edited by Pointfreak! (edited Jan 28, 2004).]
Old Jan 28, 2004, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Yes, I have a question. Which would you pick to stay at: the Renassance or the Courtyard? If it matters, I am Plat so I should be able to get a breakfast at the Renassance. Also, I will be arriving and departing via the train. Any directions from the train station would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Billy
Old Jan 28, 2004, 11:46 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

If you arrive and depart by train; i would stay in the Courtyard.

The Renaissance is a quite difficult to reach by public transportation and far from everything.

Old Jan 29, 2004, 12:30 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Here are the information from Main Station to Renaissance Hotel

First possibility

Take Bus 754 in direction Ratingen up to the stop Heinrichstraße

Second possibiltiy

Tale Tram 708 in direction Heinrichstraße up to the stop Heinrichstraße

Third possibility

Take the S 7 in direction Düsseldorf Flughafen Terminal up to the stop Düsseldorf Derendorf and change there to tram 701 in direction Rath up to the stop Heinrichstraße

Fourth possibility

Take the S 6 in direction Essen HBF up to the stop Düsseldorf Derendorf and change there to Bus 733 in direction Am Püttkamp up to the stop Heinrichstraße

Travel time is app. 20 minutes and to be honest not so difficult as I mentioned above.
Fotos ob fhe Renaissance could be finde here

The Courtyard Hafen could be reached from Main Staion by using

First possibility

Take Tram 708 in direction Hamm up to the stop Franziusstraße

Second Possibility

Bus 725 in direction Lauswand up to the stop Franziusstraße

Third possibility

Take S-Bahn S 11 in direction Bergisch Gladbach up to the stop Hamm and then walk (or tkae Bus 725 as written in 2nd possibility)

I hope this information is heplful

[This message has been edited by FLYGVA (edited Jan 29, 2004).]
Old Jan 29, 2004, 2:20 am

How about the parking situation in its neighborhood (I'm coming by car)? Are there spots available on the street (and is it a safe area) or should I use the garage? Are there any rooms I should request?

------------------
Visit the Hyatt Review Website at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu
Old Jan 29, 2004, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I've stayed at both the Renaissance and the new Courtyard. I greatly preferred the Courtyard, primarily because of its excellent location. There is quite a lot of parking around there, some of it apparently free, but I can't be sure about that. I used public transportation to get there (as described above).

I have driven to the Renaissance, which has a parking garage but also plenty of free on-street parking nearby. The one time I used the Ren's parking garage, I couldn't figure out how to pay! The front desk finally just opened the gate for me by remote control.

Bruce
Old Feb 6, 2004, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Courtyard -- Dusseldorf & Hannover

Any info on these two properties -- room preferences and high speed internet availability?

Thanks for the assistance.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 1:58 am

As the day of my stay over here is approaching I have one more question: What is the price for the full breakfast buffet at this property? They are offering a 69 EUR rate with breakfast or a 54 EUR rate excluding breakfast. What is the better deal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.