Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtyards in Dusseldorf, Germany

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Hafen vs Seestern for Trade Show

Later this year, I have to go to a trade show at Messe Dusseldorf. The Courtyard Hafen and Seestern have the same rate for those dates. It seems that the Seestern is closer to Messe Dusseldorf.

It is hard to tell from the hotel websites, but which hotel is nicer and in a more walkable location? Has anyone here been to both? It looks like the logistics of getting to Messe everyday would be easier from Seestern. But there might be more shopping and restaurants around Hafen.

Any opinions or comparisons on these hotels for attending a trade show at Messe Dusseldorf is appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by jeanie; Jan 23, 2016 at 9:08 pm
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Courtyards in Dusseldorf, Germany

Stayed in both
Never done the walk to the Messe, so can't offer comment
I'd choose Hafen
(Does not smell), easy walk to the Old Town
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Wickersley
Stayed in both
Never done the walk to the Messe, so can't offer comment
I'd choose Hafen
(Does not smell), easy walk to the Old Town

Thanks for the reply. I would need to take a tram or subway to the Messe either way. I didn't know about the smell issue, so thanks for the info. Sometimes clothes can soak up smells, and that's not good. Right now, I am leaning towards the Hafen.

Edited to add: I was reading the reviews of Hafen on Trip Advisor. Multiple people complained about the A/C not working. Is this a problem at that hotel? Thanks.

Last edited by jeanie; Jan 24, 2016 at 1:05 pm
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: Marriott:P, Le Club:P, HHornors: G, Carlson: G, SPG:G, IHG:PA
Hi, I've stayed in both CYs. Location wise is the CY hafen more close to old town. You can walk along the Rhein to it in about 15 minutes. And the view from the room is better than Seestern if you are upgraded to the Hafen view one. However you have to walk about 4-5 minutes to the tram station, and it could be very windy in winter time.

Seestern is the purely business area, and the night there is boring. However the room itself is better and newer than Hafen from my point of view. And the U-bahn(subway) is just opposite to the hotel.

Dusseldorf is not a big city, everything is reachable in 15-20 minutes by public transportation. And I have to say the public transition system in Dusseldorf or NRW is one of the best in the world.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 4:02 pm

Thank you for the feedback. Looking at the pictures on trip advisor, it does look like Seestern is the nicer hotel now since it was recently remodeled. There were comments earlier in this thread that public transit didn't run very late in that area.

I am attending Drupa in June. I have to make the hotel reservations now. That is why I am asking about this. Drupa is a large trade show, and many of the hotels in Dusseldorf are already full.

But the multiple comments on trip advisor about A/C not working well last summer at the Courtyard Hafen have me worried. There can be heat waves in Europe around the summer, and I'm going to be staying there over a week. Hafen initially sounded nicer, but not if the A/C isn't working well. I have posted a question on trip advisor about the A/C issue.

Lots to think about. Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:17 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

From my point, I prefer the CY Hafen. I don't think that there is much differences in room quality at both properties.
I stayed a few months ago at the Seestern and I did not notice anything new/remodeled about it. In fact I found the property a bit old school and not as trendy as the Hafen property.

Cheers!
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
A bit OT, but if you have some IHG points left the HIX Dusseldorf can be booked for 5k IHG points bookable from today for stays between now and Apr. 30.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 5:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I've been to both Seestern and Hafen. Some of the rooms at Seestern are really small. Rooms at both hotels are about the same in terms of decor. Free internet is faster at Hafen (capped at 2Mbps, premium is 25Mbps). Overall I prefer Hafen.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:34 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Hafen Premium WiFi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.