Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtyards in Dusseldorf, Germany

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2004, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Breakfast for ONE would not cost 15 Euro. As I recall, it was 9 or 10 for a buffet. The 69 Euro rate, however, probably includes breakfast for TWO, which would be a bit of a bargain.

Bruce
Old Apr 12, 2004, 9:39 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Breakfast for ONE would not cost 15 Euro. As I recall, it was 9 or 10 for a buffet. The 69 Euro rate, however, probably includes breakfast for TWO, which would be a bit of a bargain.
Well, in that case, I'm going to cancel my reservation and book again with no breakfast

Thanks Bruce!
Old Apr 15, 2004, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Dusseldorf

I will be working in Gelsenkirchen next week. On my way back I will be spending one evening in Duesseldorf. I will probably get a train to Duesseldorf and then a flight back to London.

My question is which is the best Marriott hotel to stay in if I want to try and get a couple of hours of sightseeing in? Would you still recommend the Courtyard? Is there only one Courtyard? How far is it from the airport and from the city centre?

I would appreciate your local knowledge.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 3:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Originally Posted by jahason
I will be working in Gelsenkirchen next week. On my way back I will be spending one evening in Duesseldorf. I will probably get a train to Duesseldorf and then a flight back to London.

My question is which is the best Marriott hotel to stay in if I want to try and get a couple of hours of sightseeing in? Would you still recommend the Courtyard? Is there only one Courtyard? How far is it from the airport and from the city centre?

I would appreciate your local knowledge.
Well, I'll be there this weekend, so I can comment on Sunday which one is better: Courtyard Hafen or Renaissance. I've stayed at the Ren and found it to be ok, nothing special to mention though. I'm surprised at how this Courtyard is.

By the way: I read in a newspaper a week ago that Marriott is very interessted in building a full-service Marriott hotel in Gelsenkirchen, next to the "Arena Auf Schalke" www.arena-auf-schalke.de
Old Apr 15, 2004, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
For sightseeing, the Courtyard beats the Renaissance hands down. There is no contest at all. The Renaissance is a nice enough hotel, but it is in an out-of-the-way location, with nothing to see anywhere nearby. The Courtyard Hafen is in a terrific location. It's also going to be cheaper.

Bruce
Old May 10, 2004, 1:44 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Courtyard Düsseldorf Seestern

Courtyard Düsseldorf

The Courtyard Düsseldorf is a formerly Ramada hotel, build in the 80’s and since this time not renovated. So the furniture was somewhat old and has the “charm” of the 80’s. I prefer this hotel over the newer Courtyard Hafen, as the CY Seestern has a pool and a bigger Sauna.

As I was told in Autumn 03, the hotel would be renovated during the first quarter of 2004, so I decide to stay there in the end of March. The renovation was still in process and the pool area was closed, but I could stay in one of the renovated rooms.

The furniture is likely the same I saw in several new or renovated Renaissance hotels (e.g. the Bochum Renaissance) but it looks nice. Unfortunately the bathrooms was not renovated as the furniture in the entrance floor was also still the old one. But a new carpet and (partly) new beds give the room a somewhat modern appearance in comparison to the old one.

I will stay there again and the update this with new information, e.g. if the pool area or the lobby is renovated or still the old one.

The room rates vary between 55 EUR on a weekend and up to more than 200 EUR during a trade fare – for my point of view it is not worth to pay more than 70 EUR / room.

Although I have taken some pictures and you can see them here – click on hotelfotos.

And btw do not ask me why I stay in a hotel when I life only 35 km north of Düsseldorf

Jan

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 11, 2004 at 12:37 pm
Old May 11, 2004, 8:03 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I stayed at this property once back in Feb 2003 and it does need an upgrade. I prefer the Renaissance Dusseldorf to the Courtyard properties.
Old May 11, 2004, 12:39 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Courtyard Düsseldorf Hafen

Courtyard Düsseldorf Hafen

The Courtyard Düsseldorf is the newest hotel of the Marriott Group in Düsseldorf, it is lo-cated near the Ciyt and the Altstadt, which could easily reached by food in app. 10 minutes.

The furniture is new and so is the appearance of this modern styled hotel. The furniture is the same I saw in several new or renovated Renaissance hotels (e.g. the Bochum Renaissance) and also in the new CY Seestern. The surrounding areas, especially in front, is not nice, as the is a construction are and a big parking place.

The Habour View rooms are all room, which does not have a view to the Yard of the hotel, but to the street or the harbour. As you does not know which room you get (I wrote, I would like to have water view, but get street view) the extra amount for this room type is in the case you get street view not worth the supply.

The Yard rooms and here this in the lover floors are dark.

The gym is on the highest floor and offer a nice view to the harbour area, the Rheinturm and the Landtag. It is not big, but well equipped and all machines are usable.

The room rates vary between 54 EUR / weekend on a weekend and up to more than 400 EUR during a trade fare – for my point of view it is not worth to pay more than 85 EUR / Habour view room.

I have taken some pictures and you can see them here – click on hotelfotos.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any updates on this property and its location from the city center, public transportation, etc.? What is the treatment of MR Silvers...anything special (not expecting much)...?
Old Jan 29, 2007, 6:05 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Thumbs up

Ok, here's an update. Hotel is in a business area (offices of Ericsson, Vodafone etc.) and the city centre is not walkable. We bought a day pass to the public transportation (you can get them from bus drivers or vending machines). There is a subway (end) station across the street but these subways only run until 7:27 weekdays, 6:57 Saturdays. You can easily walk to another station with light luggage, though (5 min walk).

The hotel itself was a pleasant surprise. Rooms refurbished and in excellent condition, nice sauna and pool area in the basement, excellent breakfast. Taxi to the airport under 20€ (or you can also easily take a bus).
Old May 19, 2007, 2:18 pm

A little late....but the Hannover Germany Courtyard Marriott is very good. The location is great - the rathouse is just a 15 minute walk and the hotel is right next to the water. The room I had was clean and quiet. If going back to Hannover I'd definately stay again. Don't know what the rates usually are but the night I was there was very cheap (which is why I stayed).

They have a small gym with enough stuff to break a sweat. The hotel is also right down the street from the sports stadium in Hannover. Parking is across the street from the hotel.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 4:13 pm

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Question Courtyard Duesseldorf Hafen - Airport Transportation

I'll be staying at the Courtyard Duesseldorf Hafen in a couple of weeks - would someone give me advice on getting from the airport to the hotel? Is there an airport bus available that would take me to my hotel, or should I take a taxi? Am I better off taking the train to Duesseldorf Main Station and taking a taxi from the train station to the hotel?
Old Aug 30, 2007, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
From the Marriott website:

Area Airports

Dusseldorf - DUS

49 211 4210
Hotel Direction: 10 km W
Driving Directions: Follow signs to city center (Zenrum) and Port (Hafen). In the tunnel take exit Hafen/MediaHafen and follow the signs to Kaistrasse and Courtyard Hotel.
Bus service, fee: 2.1 EUR (one way)
Subway service, fee: 2.1 EUR (one way)
Estimated taxi fare: 25.0 EUR (one way)

Cologne - CGN
49 220 3400
Hotel Direction: 70 km N
Driving Directions: Take motorway A3 direction Oberhausen, Intersection Hilden A46 direction Neuss - Exit Bilk/ Hafen - Follows signs Hafen- pass UCI cinema - 3 street right - 100 meter
Airport shuttle service, on request, fee: 90 EUR (one way)
Subway service, fee: 12.0 EUR (one way)
Estimated taxi fare: 230.0 EUR (one way)

Frankfurt - FRA
49 180 537246
Hotel Direction: 250 km N
Driving Directions: Take motorway A3 direction Oberhausen, Intersection Hilden A46 direction Neuss - Exit Bilk/ Hafen - Follows signs Hafen- pass UCI cinema - 3 street right - 100 meter
Estimated taxi fare: 700.0 EUR (one way)
Old Aug 30, 2007, 6:34 pm

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
I saw this on the Marriott website, but it really doesn't explain what I was asking. I don't know how practical it is to take luggage on the bus or subway as listed, and I'm not planning to rent a car.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 4:41 am

Programs: AA CK, UA GS, DL 360, B6 Mosaic
Courtyard Dusseldorf Seestern, Germany

Spent 4 nights here this past week.

The plusses:

Located close to the airport, a EUR 13 taxi ride. Even with my limited German and my driver's non existant English, saying "Am Seestern 16" met with the reply "Courtyard?".

Located on three bus lines and right at the end of the light rail that serves downtown Dusseldorf.

A 2 mile, pleasant walk from the Altstadt neighborhood.

Located around most of the multi-national office buildings. From my room I could see Vodaphone, EDS, HP, Gartner, and others.

The minuses:

Maybe this is a nitpick. The dinner menu is very, very small with little selection (which is more of my experience in Germany), but the Wiener Schnitzel is delicious.

Rooms near the elevators are filled with the din of the elevator machinery.

Overall, a standard Courtyard, but in Europe.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.