Renaissance Harborside Vancouver

Old Apr 18, 07, 6:28 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta FO
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is View Post
You could be right, but I've never had a bad room there. The room layouts aren't the standard shapes either, there are several interesting ones.
I didn't say or mean that any rooms were "bad." Just meant that based on size, shape, and view, some are much better than others.
Old Nov 6, 07, 9:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Z2H rate Vancouver Renaissance

Earlier today there was a great Z2H rate of 109 per night in much of early next year.
Now I can't see it anymore... Does a lot of queries trigger investigation into rates? I've often wondered about this.
Anyway, I'm interested in staying here or some other place in most of January - April next year, do you think I can get this rate if I talk to the property manager?
Old Nov 6, 07, 10:02 pm

Rate queries do not trigger investigation into rates.

I see the rate of $109 as an advance purchase rate but not an AAA/CAA rate.

They do have a Local Promotion Rate (LPR) of $99.00 Although you must have ID that shows a BC address. Looking at your profile you would qualify
Old Nov 6, 07, 10:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
I just see a misc rate of 999
Old Nov 19, 07, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Rennaisance Harborsde Vancouver Lounge Closing for December

I just returned from a quick breakfast bite at the lounge and was informed by the woman working there this morning that the lounge will be closed starting December 1 as the hotel is undergoing rennovations. They are going to be refitting 3-4 floors at a time, and the club level has rooms on it (inluding mine with a great view of the harbor). She didn't say how long it would be closed for. She expected that the breakfast would be offered at the main restaurant, but had no ideas about the evening offerings. This also means that the top floor is not going to be available for rooms (and I assume they are going to do contiguous floors, so figure the top 3-4 floors will be unavailable for some time).

If you've got a stay booked in the coming weeks you might want to reconsider based on the lack of lounge and lack of high floor rooms with views.

S.
Old Nov 22, 10, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Renaissance Vancouver

Anyone stayed here before?
can a plat expect anything? breakfast on a saturday?
Old Feb 14, 11, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold, MC Plat., Star Plat.
No Breakfast!

Stayed this weekend, no breakfast even after asking about the closed lounge. I did get a nice room on the top floor facing the harbor, even when booked into a city view room, no suites or anything like that!
The hotel is clean and bright but a bit dated in furnishings. The Marriot across the street has a much more updated appreance.
My one complaint is parking at close to $40 is too much, street parking is available as long as you pay the meter or move by 9am!
Old Feb 14, 11, 4:40 pm

I have stayed there probably a dozen times. The only time I was upgraded is when they were overbooked and I jokingly told the GM, "There is always that President's suite." They consider a view of the harbor an upgrade though.

Beware, if you plan on sleeping in and get a harbor side room, the seaplane port is directly below this hotel. They start at about 7:00 AM IIRC.
Old May 6, 11, 9:17 am
Suspended

renaissance Vancouver

Staying here next week, harbor view room.
Is it any good?
also have a reservation at the westin wall centre....which one is better?
and anyone know how i can dodge the rip off parking at either?
Old May 7, 11, 7:13 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Not sure how you can dodge the rip off parking at any city centre hotel.

Stayed at the Renaissance last year, it's right across the street from the Marriott. It is a nice property as you would expect in a decent location close to the harbour. Nice club lounge with decent breakfast and snack selection. Staff were excellent as well.

Rooms have been updated with new fixtures and flat screen TV's, quite nice from what I can recall.

My last stay in YVR was at the newer Fairmont Pacific Rim, not sure any other hotel can compete with this Fairmont, it is truly exceptional if you can get a decent rate.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: