Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Exec lounge renovation is complete. Access is elite+1. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum of 2 guests per room for Lounge access. Ł80 charge for third adult and Ł40.00 for a child.

Swimming pool:

Adults: open 5:30am-11:00pm weekdays, last entry 10:15pm; 6:00am-11pm weekends, last entry 10:15pm

Children under the age of 16 may access the pool from 9am-7pm & must be accompanied by an adult
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2001, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.

I was just able to get an award reservation at the Marriott London County Hall Hotel. It looks good on paper--has anyone stayed there?

Any information would be appreciated. I am going with my wife and 11 yr old daughter.

Thanks

Art at ISP
Old Jan 18, 2001, 3:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Fabulous terrific choice! I stayed at County Hall in Aug of 1999 and July 2000. Both were reward stays and I had to book 6 months or so ahead. Ideal location (across Thames from Parliment) Beautiful old restored Govt building. Some rooms have Thames view. Lovely decor. Excellent health club and indoor pool. McDonalds on lower level which your child will like. We got breakfast there each day. Concierge (bell staff) was unreliable in directions both visits. You won't go wrong. This property has been mentioned several times on this board. You might want to search past messages. Enjoy!
Old Feb 27, 2001, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
We have just returned from the above mentioned visit to the Marriott County Hall in London and I must say it was exceptional!!

From early check in (they take you to the executive lounge to wait for the room) to the room itself on the executive floor with a view of Big Ben, to the wonderful service, it was an absolutely fantastic experience. The room was clean and spacious, and the hotel is located right next to the London Eye.

If anyone else goes and visits the executive lounge, please say hello to the concierge on morning duty, Sandra Bellavia. She was cheerful and friendly every morning when we visited the lounge for breakfast and she was especially sweet to our 11 year old daughter.

As far as I am concerned, whenever you want a London Marriott, it's County Hall!!!
Old Feb 27, 2001, 6:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Art, needless to say I am in total agreement with you. Please tell me how you got onto the executive level with an award room. Was it related to your Marriott status? I am lowly silver and was not offered any executive priveleges during either stay. I did get a room with a Thames view once.
Old Feb 27, 2001, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Paradocs

They explained that they will upgrade on a space available basis Gold and Platinum members only. One evening I stopped by the lounge for a cocktail and heard them training a new concierge for the lounge. They were told that the Executive level and lounge is for exclusive use of Golds and Platinums. I must say we were treated like VIP's every step of the way- 2 newspapers every morning, free continental breakfast every day and a wonderful spacious room down the hall from the lounge overlooking the Thames.

Regards,

Art at ISP
Old Mar 1, 2001, 4:52 pm

I can't wait. As I posted on another thread, after many weeks of trying, I was able to book a river view room in the Marriott County Hall for my upcoming trip with my 10 year old daughter. ART234, anything your daughter particularly enjoyed? I'd be interested, although my daughter has planned a 3 week itinerary for a five day trip!
Old Mar 1, 2001, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
Stayed there last Thanksgiving and have already booked for next Thanksgiving, using Marriott Reward. Was given river view room overlooking Parliament, Big Ben, etc. without addiito9nal points or surcharge. Hotel staff was exceptionally accommodating, Would encourage Marriott rewards members to get the 200,000 reward option and take the new frequent flyer points (got 120,000 SkyMiles, plus the hotel stay. This is a better return than claiming the hotel package only. Location is good and I didn't mind the 20 minute walk to the theatre district and less than 10 minutes to 10 Downing Street. The bridge over the Thames was under construction last November, making the navigation a little more difficult. Suppose that construction is still ongoing.
Old Mar 2, 2001, 5:38 am
Original Poster

JB-

For what it's worth, you can skip Madame Tussaud's. I would definitely visit Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, and if you have time for an excursion take the train from Waterloo to Hampton Court Palace. It is breathtaking.

If you also have time don't miss the British Museum. As far as tours go, you can buy tickets for the Big Bus Tour, which gives you a 24 hour pass, on and off priveleges, and the ability to purchase fast entry tickets for most attractions (definitely get them).

Let us know how you make out and have a wonderful trip--we did!!

Regards

Art at ISP
Old Mar 29, 2001, 5:09 pm

We just returned from the Marriott County Hall and it was every bit as good as you all suggested. The location was fantastic and the hotel staff could not have been more friendly and anxious to help. There were a few small glitches in service, which were cheerfully corrected. I would recommend this property without reservation. If you go, don't miss the afternoon tea in the library.
Old Mar 29, 2001, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

JB,

How did your daughter like London? Did you get to see our friend Sandra in the Executive Lounge?

Glad you enjoyed your stay!!

Regards

Art at ISP
Old Mar 30, 2001, 12:39 pm

Art234,

She liked London, although I think she was a little intimitated by her first international trip. She found London a little big and scary. The high points for her were the hotel itself, room service, and BBC news!

I'm just Silver (although I'm working on a Gold challenge) so I wasn't offered access to the Executive Lounge and unfortunately didn't meet Sandra.
Old May 14, 2001, 6:53 am
nhy

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold
Just came back from a 2 night stay at County Hall and it was wonderful; thanks to all who contributed the responses in this and other FlyerTalk threads; that was how I made my choice. As a Gold member I was upgraded (without my needing to ask) to a river-view room and given Executive Lounge access. The only disappointment was the Leaders Bar, which was staffed with a very young, inexperienced bartender who looked way in over his head. The location was outstanding, right over Westminster Bridge from the Westminster Tube stop. Waking up to Big Ben chiming in the morning was an added treat. Definitely the nicest Marriott property I've been in.
Old May 17, 2001, 10:39 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Awesome choice! One of the best locations in London.
Old May 19, 2001, 6:03 pm

I am glad to read all the positive comments about the County Hall. We will be staying there for 10 days this summer with our daughters and am looking forward to an exceptional place.
Old May 20, 2001, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

nhy,

While at County Hall, did you catch the name of the concierge in the Executive Lounge during the mornings? We had a lovely young lady named Sandra, who was Italian, and she made fast friends with our daughter-they chatted every morning while we were in there having breakfast.

Beverley--take note if your daughters are very young and you have access to the lounge!!

This is one of the best hotel experiences we've had--and on an award!!

------------------
Regards,

Art from ISP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.