Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]

Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Exec lounge renovation is complete. Access is elite+1. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum of 2 guests per room for Lounge access. Ł80 charge for third adult and Ł40.00 for a child.

Swimming pool:

Adults: open 5:30am-11:00pm weekdays, last entry 10:15pm; 6:00am-11pm weekends, last entry 10:15pm

Children under the age of 16 may access the pool from 9am-7pm & must be accompanied by an adult
Print Wikipost

London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]

Old May 2, 2018, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
Can you use the bike rental on this side of the river or is it only pedestrian?
I'm pretty sure you can bicycle along the river, but I've seen signs saying cyclists need to dismount in the tunnels under the bridges. It's an easy enough walk, however. Maybe 20 minutes at a brisk pace.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; May 2, 2018 at 11:24 am
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I just stayed at this property in July (last weekend) and after reading so many posts about it maybe I had high expectations however I was really disppointed. Start with the good - LOCATION, this is the standout feature for me, the location is excellent if you are new to London and want to explore Westminster/Southbank etc so much on your door step and for that this property is excellent. However beyond this, I was not impressed, the rooms were small in size, there was no upgrade for platinum guests, the lounge was not very welcoming or offered much substance, the breakfast downstairs was not complimentary for platinum and instead required additional charge (however I complained about this as I was not aware and they removed this at checkout to be fair to the property), and the service was quite poor.

We have a 9month old, and there is poor accessability to the property so requires lifting the buggy, despite having 3 people around the door most of the time, we often had to do this with my wife, not something you would expect for a property that was charging 750 GBP per night for the night that we were there (paid 45,000 Marriott points instead). Also our room was a good 4-5 mins walk from the lift which again wasn't ideal with a kid if you are carrying them!

The swimming pool was supposed to be heated but was freezing and couldnt take our kid in it as it was not suitable.

We stayed in the Park Lane Marriott in Feb and honestly you cannot compare on every factor (and the location is equally amazing with Hyde park and Oxford street right infront of you) so would highly recommend that hotel over this.
pilgrim likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
I just stayed at this property in July (last weekend) and after reading so many posts about it maybe I had high expectations however I was really disppointed. Start with the good - LOCATION, this is the standout feature for me, the location is excellent if you are new to London and want to explore Westminster/Southbank etc so much on your door step and for that this property is excellent. However beyond this, I was not impressed, the rooms were small in size, there was no upgrade for platinum guests, the lounge was not very welcoming or offered much substance, the breakfast downstairs was not complimentary for platinum and instead required additional charge (however I complained about this as I was not aware and they removed this at checkout to be fair to the property), and the service was quite poor.

We have a 9month old, and there is poor accessability to the property so requires lifting the buggy, despite having 3 people around the door most of the time, we often had to do this with my wife, not something you would expect for a property that was charging 750 GBP per night for the night that we were there (paid 45,000 Marriott points instead). Also our room was a good 4-5 mins walk from the lift which again wasn't ideal with a kid if you are carrying them!

The swimming pool was supposed to be heated but was freezing and couldnt take our kid in it as it was not suitable.

We stayed in the Park Lane Marriott in Feb and honestly you cannot compare on every factor (and the location is equally amazing with Hyde park and Oxford street right infront of you) so would highly recommend that hotel over this.
I couldn't agree more with you, but as they say location, location, location. This used to be a notch or two higher in service. The renovations were needed. I like the new decor, etc. However, the service is on par now with a 3-star hotel. It is not worth what they charge.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Any more recent feedback on this property?
Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Any more recent feedback on this property?
There is nothing specifically wrong with this property, apart from maybe extremely loud plumbing in some rooms, but the best I can muster to describe is, its OK. I just give it a miss these days as its so uninspiring which is such a shame as with the right management it could be amazing!
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:56 am

Looking strongly at this hotel for a couple nights in London w/ my teenage son. Our corporate rate here is outstanding (180gpb) Gold elites don't get lounge access here, right?? (can anyone confirm)?.

Seems the recent reviews are very lackluster... I'm assuming at that rate, location alone makes it a great choice.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:46 am

Gold’s wouldn’t get lounge access no. I’m not sure what the lounge looks like now since it’s reopened, would be keen to hear from those who have visited recently.

That’s a good rate and yes it’s a great location for a leisure visit to London.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:58 am

Staying here tonight. My suite night award gets me an upgrade to the River Thames Suite, which is very impressive.

Huge gym and swimming pool too. Only downside is the happy hour at the M Club - table service only and can be quite slow, also it's limited to two canapes per person.

Really surprised it's only a Marriott!
RobOnLI and Radiation Station like this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:54 pm
KKD

Programs: Marriott
WOW, a very nice suite!! It seems the bath amenities are different from the other Marriotts in London - may I know what brand it is?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:36 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Success of using SNA's

I searched this thread, and only found one result of successfully using Suite Night Awards at this hotel. Anyone else have success? Hoping to get a suite with a great view.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by strayersong
Only downside is the happy hour at the M Club - table service only and can be quite slow, also it's limited to two canapes per person.
Since when did Marriott update Bonvoy terms to limit the amount of food that can be ate in the club lounge? What next? Only one can of Pepsi per person or one coffee?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Ed Thom
Since when did Marriott update Bonvoy terms to limit the amount of food that can be ate in the club lounge? What next? Only one can of Pepsi per person or one coffee?
Almost definitely a local restriction imposed by the property management company. Remember, Marriott is nothing more than a brand name that makes a boat load of money licensing their name. The properties are free to do basically whatever they want as evidenced by the posts on this forum

-RM
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:08 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Just booked a July stay here and did a SNA request. The choices I picked (if available) were thames river balcony suite or executive king. Any other recent stays with SNAs or general Titanium treatment?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by PHL
Just booked a July stay here and did a SNA request. The choices I picked (if available) were thames river balcony suite or executive king. Any other recent stays with SNAs or general Titanium treatment?
No river thames view suite?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by PHL
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
No river thames view suite?

My recent choices from top to bottom...
- River Thames View Suite Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed, Big Ben & Thames view
- Balcony Suite Suite, 1 King, Big Ben & Thames view, Balcony
- Executive Guest room, 1 King
- River Thames View Guest room, 2 Double, Family Room
- Deluxe Room Guest room, 2 Double, Family Room

Ron.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.