Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Exec lounge renovation is complete. Access is elite+1. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum of 2 guests per room for Lounge access. Ł80 charge for third adult and Ł40.00 for a child.

Swimming pool:

Adults: open 5:30am-11:00pm weekdays, last entry 10:15pm; 6:00am-11pm weekends, last entry 10:15pm

Children under the age of 16 may access the pool from 9am-7pm & must be accompanied by an adult
Print Wikipost

London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
How is the noise level?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by lucycan
How is the noise level?
We've been gone all day, but it hasn't been bad when we've been in the room. Will update if that changes.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 12:09 am

Just finishing up my stay here. Property has been great. Our room faced the London eye and Thames - right above Gillray's - but there was minimal noise at night.

The exec lounge certainly has no issue pouring as many beers or glasses of wine as you want. The food is ok, but nothing more than a light snack.

We had some drinks in the Gillray's bar each night and got to know the staff. They were very accommodating with tips on what to do or not do.

The breakfast spread is nice. The eggs are quite delicious, with some sausage and other breakfast meats.

Loved the location to Westminster. It was an easy 5 minute was to the underground.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Thanks sig05.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Marriott press release today:

http://news.marriott.com/2016/11/mar...n-london-icon/

"Marriott Hotels, the flagship brand of Marriott International, today celebrates the grand re-opening of one of its most iconic properties in the UK, London Marriott Hotel County Hall, following the completion of a multi-million pound transformation."

And of interest to FTers: "For business and Marriott Rewards members there is also a new Executive Lounge with riverside views and complimentary amenities."

Cheers.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:43 am

Does anyone know if they are charging for kids to stay enter the lounge? Mine are 6 and 9 and it isn't worth 12.50 pounds per kid for access for a box of cereal.

The Wiki here and Sharon's list are a bit off:

Breakfast moved to restaurant/Library Lounge & elite member plus one guest enforced: 12.50 GBP per kid and 25.00 per extra adult per day (don't know if enforced); Afternoon and evening food in temp lounge on ground floor/Leaders Bar still and long walk from the rooms. Seating is limited in this busy hotel; 09/16 update
Old Nov 22, 2016, 11:31 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
The Wiki here and Sharon's list are a bit off:
You do know that you can update the Wiki yourself with the more recent information. And you can let Sharon know in her list thread that you have some updated info (to which I'm sure she will quickly update her list.)
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:38 pm

I have to know the answer to change it myself. My point was two threads of different info. So I don't know what is correct.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Does anybody have a contact email for the GM or a manager? I thought I found one elsewhere but it bounced back. Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by MFLetou
Does anybody have a contact email for the GM or a manager? I thought I found one elsewhere but it bounced back. Thanks.
You can try the Concierge to see if they can provide you what you need - [email protected]
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hello,

I just booked a stay here for 4 nights in June for my family and I. I decided to book it through Chase Ultimate rewards. It asked me for my Marriott number when I booked it, so I assumed my information would carry over.

When I called Marriott to confirm, I was told it was booked through Expedia, and that I would not receive any stay credit (which I figured), but I would also not receive any elite benefits. I was given Platinum status through United GS, and was hoping to take advantage of the lounge for breakfast.

Does anyone have any experience staying here when booked through a third party and still receiving benefits?

Would it be better to email the hotel in advance to ask? Not sure how this will work though since I cant find an email address.

Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Chukiechz

Does anyone have any experience staying here when booked through a third party and still receiving benefits?

Thanks!
Marriott extends 'elite recognition benefits' (ie, lounge access, free enhanced wifi, possible upgrade) re: of channel booked. You won't get points for the room (although you would for incidental spend) or nights credit.

Enjoy your trip.

Cheers.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Just booked rooms for spring break in two weeks, anyone stay here recently after the opening?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I was there a couple of weeks ago and liked everything about the hotel. The bed was supremely comfortable, the room was large and the view of the river was very pleasant. The lamp on the desk was ... odd (too low and too dim). And no amount of sleuthing revealed how to turn on the floor lamp. But I chalked that up to that weird thing the British have with electricity
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott PE
I'm visiting in May and curious if the executive lounge is open after renovation, and whether it's closed on weekends. Does anyone know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.